What's your latest purchase?

Christmas in July!
The rest of the gang showed up today - time to retire The Big Red Machine.
Pearl Session Studio Select in black halo glitter lacquer finish.
8 pieces:
22” kick
8” tom
10” tom
12” tom
13” tom
14” ft
16” ft
14”x6.5” matching snare

I will have to move things around my beat lab before I can set these up.
As far as my additions to complete the kit itself, I am waiting on the rest of the ...also I am awaiting a ....

I was going to say "TRAITOR!", but after seeing the new set, I just can't. They're too nice. Post pics when you get them set up.

This isn't the sexiest purchase, but it's an important one.

I ordered two more Humes & Berg Enduro Pro bass drum cases, an 18", and a 24".

1595517746996.png

Not drums, but this will help keep them dry. Last time I did my activism thing was just pure luck. It's just two weeks until I will be doing a lot of that until the end of September at least, so it's a no brainer.

It's a cheap POC, but it will keep light rain and snow off. I got three side walls, as well. It's 4,5 x 3m. Glad I didn't go smaller. Next one will be 6 x 4m.

IMG-2284.JPG

Well, not exactly my own purchase, but I did the guidance and ordering of a Yamaha Stage Custom Birch in Raven Black, for my guitarist that wanted a good drumkit at home (where we practice with our band, and he has some other projects with drummers as well that will be using the same kit). So in a few days I will be getting that nice Yamaha kit sent to my place, outfit them with new heads, and feel as though it is my own kit, in a way :p. I will at least be playing it once a week, so I feel some ownership here. So yeah, the sizes are 22"x17" (x2, two bassdrums), 10"x7", 12"x8", 13"x9", 16"x15", 14"x5,5" snare. No hardware, will be using the stands from the beater kit he has at his place for the moment. Also ordered Remo PS3 for the bassdrums, Emperor clear for the toms (the resos we will have to make do with the UT's that come with the kit for now).

Last edited:
Just bought some very light used Meinl Byzance dual 15” hi hats for $250

can’t wait to play em

Beautiful finish on that kit, I think the next time I buy a new kit I'll give Pearl a serious look. I remember having an Export kit and hating the tom mounting hardware and since then I disregarded them, but that finish looks better than anything I've seen from Tama recently.
I wouldn’t let the Pearl mounts hamper your decision. My first big boy purchase at 16 was a Pearl export, didn’t sway me away, in fact I chuckle at those who harp on the tom mounts, maybe because my first kit was a cb 700, heh, humble brag.
Don’t worry, Gyro lock series hardware has you covered my man.

I was going to say "TRAITOR!", but after seeing the new set, I just can't. They're too nice. Post pics when you get them set up.
Yessr thank you for not grilling me.
Oh hell No - I am keeping the Ruby Vistas. That kit is complete, I have around $1300-$1500 Hercules hardware alone that was very hard to procure at times. That hardware inventory consists of: 4 clip stands (2 boom tom stands), 3 boom cymbal, 1 straight cymbal, and another clip stand arm mount. (I Still look at Bermuda’s storage pic as I’m certain he has the balance of Herc hardware).

I will certainly post pics of the proper bobby dazzler.
Thanks for checking it out!

I wouldn’t let the Pearl mounts hamper your decision. My first big boy purchase at 16 was a Pearl export, didn’t sway me away, in fact I chuckle at those who harp on the tom mounts, maybe because my first kit was a cb 700, heh, humble brag.
Don’t worry, Gyro lock series hardware has you covered my man.
I'm pretty sure that 16 year old me would hate the drummer I've become 20 years down the line, I only use two toms and don't have a single Z Custom on my kit! My first kit was a Percussion Plus kit with roto toms, because when you can't play a steady beat the solution is 3 things to hit!

Looking back I don't know why I didn't flip the damn L arm over so I could put my rack tom lower, it's almost like I was stupid or something!

20200723_211335_copy_1008x490.jpg
21" Bosphorus Traditional Original w/ 2 rivets on the left, and a light 22" Bosphorus Hammer on the right. Just got a chance to take them for a spin and they deeeliver! Old Stamp IIA Istanbul K hats are there, but didn't quite fit in the pic.

I live in cincinnati and a few months ago realized we had a really nice relatively new drum shop that stocks high end cymbals, kits, and vintage gear.

I think I’ve visited every week to buy something new because his shop is so cool to have in the city and it means I don’t have to give the mega corps my money,

Today was the Byzance dual hats, last week a trash crash, the week prior a trash splash, and then before then a dary dry crash. Those all were my first ever Meinl cymbal purchases, and I’m normally a Paiste guy, but I love these cymbals.

But I also love that the shop stocks cool accessories from tackle, lowboy and Canopus.

Currently they are hosting a bunch of one off or prototype cymbals from meinl (the meinl cymbal tour). If you want to add a cool one of a kind sound to your Arsenal, check out his shop:

Badges Drum Shop https://badgesdrumshop.com/

I live in cincinnati and a few months ago realized we had a really nice relatively new drum shop that stocks high end cymbals, kits, and vintage gear.

I think I’ve visited every week to buy something new because his shop is so cool to have in the city and it means I don’t have to give the mega corps my money,

Today was the Byzance dual hats, last week a trash crash, the week prior a trash splash, and then before then a dary dry crash. Those all were my first ever Meinl cymbal purchases, and I’m normally a Paiste guy, but I love these cymbals.

But I also love that the shop stocks cool accessories from tackle, lowboy and Canopus.

Currently they are hosting a bunch of one off or prototype cymbals from meinl (the meinl cymbal tour). If you want to add a cool one of a kind sound to your Arsenal, check out his shop:

Badges Drum Shop https://badgesdrumshop.com/

I'm in Pittsburgh. When we aren't in Covid-19 lockdown, I've been known to go through Cincinnati fairly regularly when doing animal rescue transport. I'm ALWAYS happy to check out a new drum shop! I just mentioned this to my incredibly wonderful wife, she rolled her eyes and laughed. When we are on the road and I'm driving, she always looks for music stores to stop at.

The silver glass Gretsch Brooklyn kit currently in their inventory got my attention! :D I need to get back to work soon.

Last edited:
Hello guys! .. this is my first post on the forum .. very happy to join you!

my last drum purchase was a lovely 1996 Ludwig LC 401 maple ... what the strains on the casing say!
I bought this drum in st.Petersburg two week ago for only $ 250 ... I think it's a great deal ...

I also have a few more drums Ludwig these are two supras and one acrolite .. if it’s interesting, I’ll also throw off a photo ..!)

thanks to all!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-07-13 at 12.10.10.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-13 at 12.10.10.jpeg
    236.6 KB · Views: 11
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-07-14 at 09.15.42 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-14 at 09.15.42 (1).jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 15
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-07-13 at 18.12.32.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-13 at 18.12.32.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 13
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-07-13 at 18.09.34.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-13 at 18.09.34.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 12
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-07-14 at 09.15.42 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-14 at 09.15.42 (2).jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 15
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-07-14 at 09.15.42 (3).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-14 at 09.15.42 (3).jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 12
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-07-14 at 09.15.42.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-14 at 09.15.42.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 8

my last drum purchase was a lovely 1996 Ludwig LC 401 maple ... what the strains on the casing say!
I bought this drum in st.Petersburg two week ago for only $ 250 ... I think it's a great deal ...

I also have a few more drums Ludwig these are two supras and one acrolite .. if it’s interesting, I’ll also throw off a photo ..!)

thanks to all!

Welcome to the forum!

1595603688777.png
Great drum! (I used to own it's twin.)

Last edited:
Some new stuff ordered today, 14" Paiste 900 SE Hats, 10" Meinl Classics Custom Extreme Splash, 12" Meinl Classics Custom Trash (splash w/ holes) and some different hardware holders/stuff. Getting ready to pimp up the incoming Yamaha SC "metal kit" :).

thanks to all!

what's the deal with the tape on the lug?

the tape also needs to be replaced)) .. the previous owner did not follow this much
I want to put the spring mount on the rope

Thanks for the nice welcome!
I see a lot of guys here who are similar to me in spirit) I'm glad to see you!)

I wanted to ask .. what kind of heads are you using for this drum? I think they need to be replaced on mine.

Remo Ambassador on the batter side, Remo Ambassador Hazy on the snare side.

Back