Here are some good Interviews

Here are a few links to decent interviews hosted by Tape Op magazine (an audio engineers magazine with a free subscription).

Matt Chamberlain

Dave Mattacks

Gary Young

Nick Mason

Oooo nice batch of players there - nice find!

I saw Dave cruising around at NAMM in 2016 and I was so stoked to meet him that I sort of pulled a fan boy level of excitement and he was totally taken aback. It was such pleasant interaction...he was kind of like "Oh you know me??" haha. He was walking with Johnathan Mover and he was like "Surely you mean him - he's a much better player" so I had to like...acknowledge JM haha. It was a nice little moment.

Sorry for the crappy image quality - it's from a collage of like 30 people haha.

Attachments

• IMG_2506.jpg
    IMG_2506.jpg
    730.9 KB · Views: 5
Yeah, I didn’t know the name until I read an interview of him years ago. He has a very unique quality of sound & composition to his playing.

Yeah, I didn’t know the name until I read an interview of him years ago. He has a very unique quality of sound & composition to his playing.

Honestly I first became aware of him because he played on The Proclaimer's song "500 Miles" - then I saw him in Modern Drummer and he had a beautiful Yamaha Maple Custom kit at the time and I loved how it sounded and looked.

Back