Drum Gear Photography

That's a curious set up! What configuration is that? I think I can see a big converted bass drum on the right?
26" Pearl marching bass drum converted to a kick, and an 18" Pearl marching bass converted to floor tom. 3 custom snare drums (no wires) are used as rack toms.

Attachments

• screensaver.jpg
    screensaver.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 28
26" Pearl marching bass drum converted to a kick, and an 18" Pearl marching bass converted to floor tom. 3 custom snare drums (no wires) are used as rack toms.

That's awesome! Really interesting using the snares as racks, very cool. How's it sound?!

That's awesome! Really interesting using the snares as racks, very cool. How's it sound?!
Snares as toms are awesome. They are 5", 5.5" and 6". Great sound and because they're all 14" rather than small to large, so they are right up front and plenty of surface area. Got the idea from Keith Moon whose racks were all 8x14 until he expanded and included 4 other toms above them.

A few of my Gretsch
Is this this refined "polished off a 12-pak" view?

index.php

I have to take 20 pictures to get like 1 or two good ones.
Standard procedure.

In 1984 I assisted my first automobile shoot in San Diego. The photographer used an 8x10 view camera, a Hasselblad, and two Nikons to cover the scene of one car parked on a road. He probably generated 300 images for one good one.

Back