"kicker" worth it?

Drum Guy

I have a DW 22x18 kick with 2-piece DW Bass drum muffing pillow in it - would there be a noticeable difference using this thing below? Anyone use/like/dislike this kicker foam?

Last edited:
I have two of them. They work but I still prefer a pillow & a clear Pinstripe :cool:

I have a DW 22x18 kick with 2-piece DW Bass drum muffing pillow in it - would there be a noticeable difference using this thing below? Anyone use/like/dislike this kicker foam?

If I were using a pillow - I think this would be a nice upgrade.

It's consistent in how it it touches the head - I like the mic placement idea - it's not that expensive.

I dig it - but I haven't personally used one!

I have a Beta 52 and tried the 91, and didn’t like the 91. I got too much attack and not enough drum tone. I ended up returning the 91. I’m sure if I liked the mic, that pillow would work out ?

It came with my kit. I love it!!

View attachment 94047
View attachment 94048
It actually has ao much boom left, the last sound guy wasn’t too happy because the prefered sound for that gig was a short hip-hop attack ?

It is made so it doesn’t kill the kick.

That's a snazzy kit man - that finish looks like it's about a mile deep.

I have a Beta 52 and tried the 91, and didn’t like the 91. I got too much attack and not enough drum tone. I ended up returning the 91. I’m sure if I liked the mic, that pillow would work out ?

They have a mic mount too for other mics. It is pictured in my kick.

And even during transport it doesn’t move an inch.

You can even add a 91 or Sennheiser 901 as a second mic.

Back