How many of you drummers can play the guitar.

Have played guitar since the age of 12, 50 years ago!

However, i am not a drummer yet. My first drum kit arrived this week.

I’ve never had more respect for drummers than I do after 3 days of throne time.

Found out that timing and tempo are easier to follow than provide. Also that my brain and limbs are connected physically, but connecting more than my brain to one limb at a time is challenging especially while concentrating on timing!

All in al, I’m having a blast!

I'm an okay campfire chord player. My whole orientation on guitar is rhythmic. I don't pick, I strum. Strings have never captivated me -- from a playing perspective, I mean. I was born to drum.

Bought an electric guitar off a friend in the mid 80s. I still have it and still play it. At first all I did was play the easy chords and that's about it. Eventually I learned to play power chords after purchasing a video that focused just on that. I have yet to play the guitar in front of anyone. Maybe never will.

I learned enough guitar to write a few songs on it that I couldn’t write on the piano. But that’s it.

I did, however, bring home an electric that was left at my rehearsal space after it closed for good last month. Maybe it’s time to pick it up again.

I know four chords. And about 12 on ukulele. Studied piano in college since you have to pass piano proficiency.

Hey Matt or Bo whatever you are. I clicked on your links great playing really enjoyed it. Why is your picture of a girl if your a dude? Mine is a Dog but we all know Dogs probably can't type or are not interested in this forum. Just curious.

I can play on a few instruments.
This is not to say that I am accomplished at any of them, but I can use what I have in the moment. I am not usually great, but I am often as good as is needed. Some witnesses have corroborated this.

Somewhere I have a soundcloud I need to update, there's lots of incriminatory music there. :D

I’ve never had more respect for drummers than I do after 3 days of throne time.

Found out that timing and tempo are easier to follow than provide.

Please pass the above realizations on to every guitarist you know. It's for time for us drummers to receive the respect and recognition we've always deserved. :)

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your new drums.

I'm like Guitar George: I know all the chords...I just can't necessarily play them cleanly. But I once jammed with the friend of a friend who was a red-hot guitarist, and he frankly loved me, because I was happy just to strum the chords all night long, giving him a nice foundation to play over, and because I apparently play rhythm guitar like a drummer: which is to say with (if I do say so myself) unusually good time, and funky strumming patterns.

I can play it for my own enjoyment. My pinky doesn't work for holding down strings. I have a book of scales I get out maybe twice a year for like 15 minutes. I've been having guitars for like 20 years now, and including the 4 I currently have I've had at least 10. I currently enjoy playing an Ibanez Mikro bass. The RockBand/Guitar Hero guitar gets used the most. I also play it the best.

Was pretty good until I stopped playing altogether after returning to drums. Good enough that I was known as such around my area, along with the other guitarist in my band. I quit suddenly around 2002 after returning to drums. Because of back problems it's easier for me to sit at the kit than stand with a guitar.
I picked up my guitar after 15 years of not touching it, and what a shock to not be able to play at all. It's an incredibly strange sensation. Imagine speaking a language for 30 years, then waking up one day and the words won't come out of your mouth.

Yup, been playing for about 35 years (started playing at about age 15) and own 5 electrics, a bass and 2 acoustics.
Have even played gigs as both a bassist and a guitar player.
Still will always be a drummer first , starting at age 7.

Learning guitar and bass taught me a lot about playing music with others and what they might want to hear from a drummer.

I played when I was younger, had a nice GibsonB45. I could do chords or lead patterns I could play bass too.
I played , and still do, keys. I played keys in a band for a short time. I gave up guitar, to spend more time on drums. lost my callouses, have not tried since.

Back