Snare drum boom stand

I have 2 of the sc ea250s. One is holding the v clamp with the snare basket on the left. I think the sc ea200 is what I need. Thanks for the research

You're welcome. And no research necessary as I have/had all of these parts.

If you wanted to do it on the cheap (free) and aren't using the other SC-EA250, you could use just the half that has the 1" tube. If that's the side with the length adjustment clamp on it, look to see how the clamp is held onto the tube. The SC-EA200 just uses a tiny hex key (allen) set screw, but I'm not sure what the 250 uses as I no longer own one. All I know is that all hardware comes apart whether it's by "spring pins" (a hollow pin with a slit down it's length that is driven into a hole slightly smaller than it's diameter and held in by tension), allen set screws, or simply press fit over the end of a splined tube.
Or if worse comes to worse, you could just cut off that end of the tube.

You're welcome. And no research necessary as I have/had all of these parts.

If you wanted to do it on the cheap (free) and aren't using the other SC-EA250, you could use just the half that has the 1" tube. If that's the side with the length adjustment clamp on it, look to see how the clamp is held onto the tube.
Yeah, I thought of that late last night.

How about the Mapex tom mounts that you see on the Saturn series? The mount is riding on a rail attached to the two top tuning lugs rather than penetrating the shell. They give you the best of both worlds. You have the tom mount over the base drum while keeping a "virgin" bass drum shell. It's a really great design! I use one of the Taye snare stands with a boom arm and it does the trick but the ball/socket arrangement concerns me a little. I have to clamp it pretty tight to get it as stable as I like and later I'll run my hands over the ball part and I can feel some shallow gouges. I wonder if the material that the ball is made of is sturdy enough but I've had no problems after about two years of use.

Back