Tris Imboden here!

I first heard your name in '82. Kenny Loggins' High Adventure.
I felt your drumming on that album could not have been better, perfect for those songs and inspiring, I use stuff I stole from you every gig, Thank You.
I'd ask what was your favorite gig but, I imagine it would be hard to choose from all those greats.

I first heard your name in '82. Kenny Loggins' High Adventure.
I felt your drumming on that album could not have been better, perfect for those songs and inspiring, I use stuff I stole from you every gig, Thank You.
I'd ask what was your favorite gig but, I imagine it would be hard to choose from all those greats.
Hey Moodman, thank you so much for the kind words!! Of my work with Kenny Loggins my personal all-time favorite album of his was "Keep The Fire". That was the record that had the song "This Is It" on it which he wrote with Michael McDonald. We got to spend a whole lot of time in pre-production on that record and got to really compose some fun little twists and turns in the rhythm section. I have been so blessed to have had the privilege of playing with so many great artists but I have to say that the years spent with Al Jarreau were some of the most rewarding. He was such an incredible artist and human being! I am forever grateful though to have been lucky enough to make a living all these years doing what I love.

Welcome, it's about time! :) Tons of great players here from around the globe, sharing their experiences and great info on the best drum forum in the world! The world.... the world.... the world.... the world....

Welcome, it's about time! :) Tons of great players here from around the globe, sharing their experiences and great info on the best drum forum in the world! The world.... the world.... the world.... the world....
Hey Bermuda, long time no see! Well like I've always said.. I start off slow but I peter out about half way through! Haha!

You're drumming on "Will it Last" is really creative. I really like when the band gets cooking at the end after Fred Tackett's acoustic guitar solo. Really hot! Saw you on the keep the fire tour. I dig your style/playing. Stay safe and Welcome!

You're drumming on "Will it Last" is really creative. I really like when the band gets cooking at the end after Fred Tackett's acoustic guitar solo. Really hot! Saw you on the keep the fire tour. I dig your style/playing. Stay safe and Welcome!
Hey Darth, thank you so much! Actually Fred Tackett did play on a few tracks but I believe the slide guitar solo at the end was done by Mike Hamilton who was Kenny's full time guitarist for many years. Thanks for listening!

I don't think it's the slide solo. I don't want to sound like I'm correcting you for sure but there's a break late in the song where there's an acoustic guitar interlude and the band comes back in like a tornado with the slide solo. At the 4:05 mark is the acoustic break. I don't know who's playing that Hammond (B3?) but they're kickin' it!

What kit were you using on that tour. My memory is pretty shot. I do remember it looking and sounding incredible!

Last edited:
Welcome man. Good to have you here. I saw you live with Chicago a couple years ago at the Count Basie Theater in Red Bank, NJ. I have to say that was a great show and for me a big part of what made it so good was your drumming. I also liked your playing on Vai's album. Especially I Would Love To. Looking forward to hearing your next project.

Welcome Tris!!! Always a big fan of your drumming and contributions to the community at large. Saw you back a decade and a half or so at a Chicago concert at PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, NJ. Towards the end of the set me and my lads went stage-side and I was able to shake your hand... wish I had a picture!

All the best to you!
- Dominick

I don't think it's the slide solo. I don't want to sound like I'm correcting you for sure but there's a break late in the song where there's an acoustic guitar interlude and the band comes back in like a tornado with the slide solo. At the 4:05 mark is the acoustic break. I don't know who's playing that Hammond (B3?) but they're kickin' it!

What kit were you using on that tour. My memory is pretty shot. I do remember it looking and sounding incredible!

Hey Darth, I was a Tama endorsee at the time we recorded that record and was using my first kit from them with six concert toms and a floor tom. Soon after though I started using their double headed "Super Star" series with a similar configuration until I switched to Pearl in the mid Eighties.

Welcome man. Good to have you here. I saw you live with Chicago a couple years ago at the Count Basie Theater in Red Bank, NJ. I have to say that was a great show and for me a big part of what made it so good was your drumming. I also liked your playing on Vai's album. Especially I Would Love To. Looking forward to hearing your next project.
Thank you for your warm welcome MntnMan62! Also thanks for your kind words regarding my drumming.. I really appreciate it! The theater you mentioned is always a joy to play and I have always looked forward to playing there. I am grateful to have worked with the great Steve Vai and was so pleased to see how successful his "Passion And Warfare" album became! Thanks again for your encouragement.

Back