What's your latest purchase?

I recently bought a Rogers Dynasonic snare because I wanted to add a brass snare to my collection. I just finished putting it together and getting it playable. I bought the COB shell for $94.96 (including shipping), the 10 lugs for $16.25, the throw for $12.90, the wires for $4, I already had an AmbassadorX for the top, an Ambassador Hazy for $12.99, the butt plate for $8.00 and the hoops for $28. That's a grand total of $177.10 and this is some of the best money I have spent on a snare. This sounds great. It doesn't have that fancy strainer system that came on the Dynasonics and I like it better this way with less to fiddle with. Purists might scoff at a Dynasonic with different lugs and unoriginal parts for the strainer, instead of that original parallel system, but I wanted to add a great sounding Brass snare for cheap and this was the best way to do it in my opinion. Great brass tone, sensitive, great projection, and a wide tuning range.

Here are some pics. Stich Chopper hoop on top, triple flange on the bottom, Steel wires, extended butt plate, and standard strainer. I used rubber grommets on the holes where the internal muffler was mounted. This is now setup just how I like it. No muffler, easy and funtional strainer, great hoops.

Side note: this snare spent much of its life as a house drum for Rubber Room Studios in North Carolina. It’s been on many records and I’m glad to give it new life and keep the music going. Very pleased with this addition.
10DDFF75-D240-43AE-9D4C-5911FAA95367.jpeg880F73D6-DEFA-4874-8511-48863BDB14F3.jpegFF444184-1C90-4CC4-8A8A-C05D1FED2A51.jpegBA49B61C-0A61-485E-94C0-851D474882F6.jpegD87C7B6C-C4E5-422A-B76E-811C1F253982.jpeg

Last edited:
s-l1600 (2).jpg

just won this on ebay, pearl s-2000 snare drum stand. discontinued now since pearl updated their whole line of hardware. had one before and traded it away stupidly. this thing was heavy, but solid as a F******G rock! :)

This Tama Imperialstar “King Beat” (more like a Powerline now lol) is one of the most cutting snares you will ever hear. It has a heavy gauge seamless steel shell! Found this shell for the low, added some lugs and hardware and brought it back to life.
6571F1FF-A2A3-49A0-B66A-4944F9B75A92.jpeg817D0CA2-E4DA-4C94-BE66-2F032E95CF9D.jpeg68FD8D50-648D-4F72-91D3-F93495C9F8AA.jpeg790E40B0-C055-4C81-B80E-C528C3548F7C.jpegAA361010-CF98-4608-A5A5-50291F82D9FA.jpeg

View attachment 93376

just won this on ebay, pearl s-2000 snare drum stand. discontinued now since pearl updated their whole line of hardware. had one before and traded it away stupidly. this thing was heavy, but solid as a F******G rock! :)
I have one of these as well. I use the top half of this stand with a Yamaha 700 concert height snare stand base for my rack tom. The pieces are compatible, and this hybrid stand works great!

microKEY237-large.jpg

Just picked up 2 Ludwig Atlas Scissor lifts and an Atlas Mount.
Mounted my ride to the kick drum and a china crash off of a floor tom leg.

I've now gotten rid of all cymbal stands. Only the hi hat stand is left.
No gigs these days (covid) but my hardware bag should be about 10-15lbs lighter
when we do start up again.

Ludwig-LAPAM-1.jpg.jpg8048691_800.jpg
Quick note: The cymbal arm off my FT doesn't stick out like the pic of Ludwig's site. It's much more parallel to the FT

Just picked up 2 Ludwig Atlas Scissor lifts and an Atlas Mount.
Mounted my ride to the kick drum and a china crash off of a floor tom leg.

I've now gotten rid of all cymbal stands. Only the hi hat stand is left.
No gigs these days (covid) but my hardware bag should be about 10-15lbs lighter
when we do start up again.

View attachment 93453View attachment 93454
Quick note: The cymbal arm off my FT doesn't stick out like the pic of Ludwig's site. It's much more parallel to the FT

How have those worked out for you? Specifically the floor tom... I'm trying to envision it in my setup, and I worry that the floor tom will tip over. I love the idea of eliminating stands (ok, ok...I'm just trying to come up with another way to add more cymbals, I suppose... ;) but the options intrigue me)

How have those worked out for you? Specifically the floor tom... I'm trying to envision it in my setup, and I worry that the floor tom will tip over. I love the idea of eliminating stands (ok, ok...I'm just trying to come up with another way to add more cymbals, I suppose... ;) but the options intrigue me)
So far from a setup point of view, they're great. Lots of room for some jackass guitarist to jam his amp in there on stage.... (n)
My floor tom is not completely flat it's slightly angled toward me. So I think that the angle is slightly counterbalancing the cymbal/stand weight. Also, with the scissor lift being attached to the FT leg, the center of gravity is lower so that might help. Its pretty solid. My FT legs are 9.5mm and the post for the scissor stand is supposed to be 12.7mm. Luckily the mount I bought comes with adaptor sleeves that I didn't need for the bass drum so I used that on the FT leg. Works perfectly.
The true test though will be when things are bouncing around a bit up on a riser. We'll see then. I'll take a pic tonight of the setup and post.

Back