Back after a few years away

fobz

Thought I'd (re)introduce myself.
I used to check in here a few years back (can't even remember my username tbh), but drifted over to Pearl Drummers Forum. Things have been quiet there recently and now it's been closed for maintenance so I thought I'd pop in here and see what's going on.
I mainly play in a ska-folk band these days (normally we'd be knee-deep in festivals right now) and I teach.
As of last November I own my two favourite kits ever made ? Pearl Reference Pure and Sonor Lite
Sadly, I don't have access to them during lockdown (can't have an acoustic kit set up where I live), so I've bought a electronic kit so I can practice. I might put up a few videos of the fun stuff I've been working on when I get a chance...

toms smaller.jpg
Sonor kit 01.jpg

Love those Pearls. Welcome back. My studio is 21 miles from home and with this pandemic and all the shutdown (not to mention a germ paranoid wife) I haven't played my drums since the end of March. Don't have an eletric kit so I just beat the heck outta my Remo practice pad.

Two sweet looking kits. Welcome back !!!

Heyo! Welcome back - I'm a recent re-joiner too after being gone since like 2008 haha. Nice kits!
Two sweet looking kits. Welcome back !!!

Love those Pearls. Welcome back. My studio is 21 miles from home and with this pandemic and all the shutdown (not to mention a germ paranoid wife) I haven't played my drums since the end of March. Don't have an eletric kit so I just beat the heck outta my Remo practice pad.

Haha I dug out my old Remo practice pad at the start of lockdown, after two weeks of six-stroke rolls, quintuplets and inverted paradiddles I decided I needed to invest in an electronic kit :LOL:

Welcome back. Love the colour of the Pearl. Reminds me of satin chocolate.

Thanks! It's a beauty, the finish is called Matte Walnut, I've always loved natural finishes...

Welcome back! I love the look of those Pearls -- love that deep brown natural.

BTW I'm kind of a big deal around here, just so you know. (haha no!)

Welcome back! I love the look of those Pearls -- love that deep brown natural.

BTW I'm kind of a big deal around here, just so you know. (haha no!)

Hahaha, good to know :ROFLMAO:

Hola from another recent returnee

the Pearl forum was my halfway house until l figured out how to rejig my account on this site.

Not sure how long l will be required to wear the ankle bracelet, but with good behaviour l am sure that full privileges will be restored.

Welcome, and another big jaw drop regarding your drums.

Barry

Hola from another recent returnee

the Pearl forum was my halfway house until l figured out how to rejig my account on this site.

Not sure how long l will be required to wear the ankle bracelet, but with good behaviour l am sure that full privileges will be restored.

Welcome, and another big jaw drop regarding your drums.

Barry

Thanks! And good luck with the ankle bracelet ;)

Reactions: baz
Back