What's your latest purchase?

I guess this is my latest big purchase, a little over a year ago (sorry about the garage mess, was doing work around the house at the time of the photo). Ludwig classic maple 24/13/16/18 in vintage black oyster pearl. Sounds killer. Early 2000's black beauty 6.5x14 snare. I have since ported the front head with a 5" hole and use a small DW pillow lightly touching both heads for live playing mic'ed up. Clear (usually live) or coated emps on tops of toms, clear ambassadors on bottom. Emperor X on snare, hazy ambassador on bottom. Ludwig snare wires. Clear PS3 on kick, smooth white ambassador on resonant side with small 70's Ludwig logo decal. Paiste 2002 cymbals, 19", 20" crashes, 20" medium crash, 15" sound edge hats and a
24" giant beat ride. Let's rock!!:cool:
drums.jpg

Last edited:
I did have this kit right before I bought the Ludwig's, same sizes, but I was disappointed in the quality of Q drums and their customer service. I grew disillusioned with the company and no longer wanted to play a kit made by them. Nice drums though. Mahogany/poplar/mahogany in pewter glass glitter. The bass drum was lacking a bit but the other drums sounded nice. Much happier with the Ludwig's though. ;)

q kit.png

I did have this kit right before I bought the Ludwig's, same sizes, but I was disappointed in the quality of Q drums and their customer service. I grew disillusioned with the company and no longer wanted to play a kit made by them. Nice drums though. Mahogany/poplar/mahogany in pewter glass glitter. The bass drum was lacking a bit but the other drums sounded nice. Much happier with the Ludwig's though. ;)

View attachment 92852
what was wrong with their customer service jsut wondering? as they were supposed to be really approachable and friendly.

what was wrong with their customer service jsut wondering? as they were supposed to be really approachable and friendly.
To make a long story short.....they are approachable and friendly. They just didn't take care of a problem I had and kinda put all of the onus on me to get my issue corrected (i.e. shipping a damaged drum that was their fault on my dime, telling me to buy my own parts to be replaced, etc.) just got a bad taste in my mouth about the experience and it grew on me. Jeremy, the co-owner said to me "I'm sorry you have distaste for our product". That wasn't the case at all, I just wanted them to fix what was wrong and treat me fairly. Anyway, I sold the kit shortly after.

odeon.jpgreplica pleasure.jpg

not strictly drum related, but this is my latest purchase, gary numan live at hammersmith odeon 1989 and replicas - the first recordings and the pleasure principle - the first recordings :)

Today I bought a Pearl C-830 cymbal stand. This will most probably be my last drum set purchase except for heads and sticks, although I may be wrong. Peace and goodwill.

So I missed out on the last Yamaha Recording Custom 18" floor tom in Antique Sunburst from the Japanese factory by a day-and-half when I ordered my RC kit in 2012. Eight years of patient searching just paid off. I finally acquired a pristine 18" floor tom and put on new Aquarian heads top and bottom. It was only played twice and stored for years in a studio before I located it. Finding the Aquarian heads during the pandemic almost proved as difficult.

Yamaha18%22FTLoRes.jpg

So I missed out on the last Yamaha Recording Custom 18" floor tom in Antique Sunburst from the Japanese factory by a day-and-half when I ordered my RC kit in 2012. Eight years of patient searching just paid off. I finally acquired a pristine 18" floor tom and put on new Aquarian heads top and bottom. It was only played twice and stored for years in a studio before I located it. Finding the Aquarian heads during the pandemic almost proved as difficult.

View attachment 92884
ncie drum!

and i know that feeling about the aquarian scarceness, i have to go hunting for my ones!

View attachment 92884

Nice ??. Congrats on the find . 8 years ?... , but I’m guessing worth the wait . Hope it’s sooner for a 13 for my kit.

Back