DRUMMETICS BASS PEDAL PRO'S & CONS

RayI

Drumnetics Magnetic Single Bass Drum Pedal
This is a direct drive pedal since I can't go physically try one , does anybody have any experience with one of these or any direct drive pedal
Thxs All

Here is an old thread about the Drumnetics pedal:

Why are we yelling?

Why are we yelling?

SORRY lol just came out that way ✌?

Thxs for the info , hope they have figured out the clamp issue by now , will contact them to find out other than that seems like an awesome pedal.

Peace

Why are we yelling?

He's not. You're thinking of caps. Large fonts are for "elderly legibility" :)

I got the new Drumnetics pedal, and it is a large improvement over the original version introduced a dozen years ago. I had it adjusted beautifully, maybe the best action of any pedal I've played! I sent it back for a mod and when it came back, it had been reset to factory settings. I tried and tried but couldn't find the magic combination again.

Anything tactile (pedals & sticks) should always be tried in person, unless you're willing to take a chance, or can make a return agreement with the seller.

Bermuda

I got the new Drumnetics pedal, and it is a large improvement over the original version introduced a dozen years ago. I had it adjusted beautifully, maybe the best action of any pedal I've played! I sent it back for a mod and when it came back, it had been reset to factory settings. I tried and tried but couldn't find the magic combination again.

Anything tactile (pedals & sticks) should always be tried in person, unless you're willing to take a chance, or can make a return agreement with the seller.

Bermuda
I've been curious about the Drumnetics pedal for a while. I'd love to know what it feels like underfoot. Your experience is the type of luck I'd have. The greatest feeling pedal ever, then poof, the feel is gone and never to return.

I've been curious about the Drumnetics pedal for a while. I'd love to know what it feels like underfoot. Your experience is the type of luck I'd have. The greatest feeling pedal ever, then poof, the feel is gone and never to return.

It was very smooth, and really stuck to my foot, so the footboard never got away from me - 16ths were nice and precise. I was ready to take it on the road last year, but couldn't get it back to that feel. The problem was, there are 3 separate magnet settings - two on the axle and a sliding magnet under the footboard. It seems like there would only be so many combinations and that I should have found my settings again, but I couldn't. :(

I have owned one for just over 5 years now.. it has never left my kit and i love it. BUT as Bermuda said, if you get it dialed in write down your settings or mark them somehow.. it's really easy to adjust the pedal into a way that will make you not like it and i did that slowly over like a year and got to the point i thougth about replacing it.. I stepped back, reset to factory and worked it back out again.. which for me is WAY less return pressure than i was using.
I like mine to stick to my foot and kept adding more to the return magnets when it didn't need that much..

Anyway... i love mine. and the owner/creator of the pedals is a damn nice guy and a pleasure to deal with, can't recommend it enough :)

It was very smooth, and really stuck to my foot, so the footboard never got away from me

I would attribute this to just about any pedal with direct drive. Can you comment about why you think the magnet might more effect than a spring in this respect?

I would attribute this to just about any pedal with direct drive. Can you comment about why you think the magnet might more effect than a spring in this respect?

I think the magnets have more of a linear resistance than exponential resistance of a spring, so your foot doesn't have to work as hard to push the beater to the head. But there's enough resistance to keep the footboard stuck to your foot the whole time. So the pedal does whatever your foot wants to do, without as much work.

Also, with three magnet settings, there's a fine balance achievable. That's what made the pedal feel so great, and also why I had trouble finding those same settings again. I really should have taken pictures. :(

It was very smooth, and really stuck to my foot, so the footboard never got away from me - 16ths were nice and precise. I was ready to take it on the road last year, but couldn't get it back to that feel. The problem was, there are 3 separate magnet settings - two on the axle and a sliding magnet under the footboard. It seems like there would only be so many combinations and that I should have found my settings again, but I couldn't. :(

Bermuda I think you articulated something I've never been able to figure out:

"Stuck to my foot"

That's the best description of a feel I've been trying to unsuccesfully get from a pedal for years...someone had this pearl pedal on his kit that had that feel and I could never capture it again.

Do you or anybody have any tips on how to get a light "sticks to my foot" feeling on a pedal? Is it more spring tension with a lighter beater maybe so it has a stonger upswing?

I messed with one of these at NAMM a few years ago. I loved the "outside the box" thinking of them. Very responsive and I was amazed at how a little adjustment went a long way as far as feel.

My concern would be how long will the magnetic field last under regular use? Magnets tend to get weaker over time and I don't know if Drumnetics has a way to fix this.

I follow a metal guy who got a pair to test out. His review is funny & very straight forward.

Ross, when i bought mine i actually talked to mike about that and he said they are "Permanent" and should never lose their magnetic field.. which i know can't be true.. but if it goes 20 years and gets worse.. screw it i will be due for something new anyway....

As for me.. i'm almost 6 years in with mine and zero issues, works like the day i bought it...

(Well.. not true, the screw that holds the clamp has a plastic head on it which spins on the screw... doesn't matter never had it move)

Back