The Perfect Movie

Flight of the Phoenix - has that Johnny Cash song "I've Been Everywhere" at the beginning. Also has severe weather sounds that can put you to sleep, for those that use movies to fall asleep.

It's a great remake and stands on it's own. I love every one of the characters, and that might be the biggest part of what makes a movie great to me.

Last edited:
Apollo 13
True Grit (2010)
American Graffiti
The 'Burbs

Empire Strikes Back

The Lord of the Rings trilogy

Heartbreak Ridge

Ready Player One

Andersonville

Finding Nemo

Mulan

All the Lethal Weapon movies

I'm looking forward to seeing a really good movie that's made about Robert E Lee and the Army of Northern Virginia......a big sweeping saga.

I'm looking forward to seeing a really good movie that's made about Robert E Lee and the Army of Northern Virginia......a big sweeping saga.

Really? Are you interested in the American civil war? The little town I live in has a civil war battlefield. There is another one probably an hour north of here.

How on earth did the Wizard of Oz get wedged into a bunch of killing movies?

There's tragic loss of life in the WoO movie. People were definitely killed.

There was also dismemberment, torture............and Munchkins!

Bill Cosby is mentioned in the WoO. Well his last name is:

Because Because Because Because Because...Because of the wonderful thing he does.

That's my joke I made it up, isn't it awesome???

Because Because Because Because Because...Because of the wonderful thing he does.

Have you been drinking?! I can’t stop laughing.

Have you been drinking?! I can’t stop laughing.

Same here! That joke is ?'n hillarious!

I can't help but think all the things he does was not all wonderful!

It's a great remake and stands on it's own. I love every one of the characters, and that might be the biggest part of what makes a movie great to me.

And how often do we pull out our special movies to watch? I know for me, I had my "Phoenix moment" in mid December last year. "Jaws" is another one that only gets pulled out (played from a harddrive) on special occasions. I think that one gets played on a mid-summer day as the sun's going down (to mimic the opening boy chasing girl into the ocean scene, then the Robert Shaw "delivered the bomb" speech in the charter boat scene. Hopefully with surround sound speaker system on full blast.

I think our special movies only should get played for special times, no?

"All is Lost" with Robert Redford is exquisite. Lots of bad weather scenes at sea. Good shots of an old man's body workin' a sailboat. Redford doesn't look too bad for his age.

"127 hours" is only good up to the point where the hiker (James Franco) begins tying a tourniquet around his arm before starting on a long process of cutting it off. Time to abort that stuff.

"The Lighthouse" is terrific. Watched it late last night. Lots of water and wind. William DaFoe and his beard is superb.

Really? Are you interested in the American civil war? The little town I live in has a civil war battlefield. There is another one probably an hour north of here.

G'day Brian.

Yeah mate, the American Civil War has fascinated me for years.

I remember while I was doing my nursing degree at University, I always went to the library and had my nose in some book on that dreadful war.

My goodness, the Carnage would make Quentin Tarantino sweat.

I find most movies are generally biased toward the Union effort and perspective.

A really good biopic movie on Robert E Lee and his command of the Army of Northern Virginia would be absolutely amazing.

He is a huge name in military history.

Darkest Hour
Collateral
The Frisco Kid - I think Gene Wilder's performance is phenomenal.

"All is Lost" with Robert Redford is exquisite. Lots of bad weather scenes at sea. Good shots of an old man's body workin' a sailboat. Redford doesn't look too bad for his age.

"127 hours" is only good up to the point where the hiker (James Franco) begins tying a tourniquet around his arm before starting on a long process of cutting it off. Time to abort that stuff.

"The Lighthouse" is terrific. Watched it late last night. Lots of water and wind. William DaFoe and his beard is superb.

All is Lost is an AMAZING movie.

Virtually not a single word of dialogue is spoken. Yet I was riveted to the screen from start to finish.

G'day Brian.

Yeah mate, the American Civil War has fascinated me for years.

I remember while I was doing my nursing degree at University, I always went to the library and had my nose in some book on that dreadful war.

My goodness, the Carnage would make Quentin Tarantino sweat.

I find most movies are generally biased toward the Union effort and perspective.

A really good biopic movie on Robert E Lee and his command of the Army of Northern Virginia would be absolutely amazing.

He is a huge name in military history.

Brutal war indeed. They say it's the first "modern" war, unlike the "gentlemans" war the British were so known for.

The movie Gettysburg is good, you probably wont find a biopic pic about Robert E. Lee. The Confederacy is a very sore subject here in the USA, as are its historical figures. Statues have been torn down, the Confederate flag is no longer considered a part of our history and is now just a symbol of racism, our modern view of our own history is so skewed its sad. I wont get into it here, but there is a whole faction of people who would love it if the whole entire war just went away.

I agree Robert E. Lee is very important to both US and military history. Just not here in the US unless you still have southern values. But then you are considered a racist.

The problem with most civil war movies is that they’re written from a Yankee’s perspective, and they play only one note: Slavery.

If you wanna watch a civil war flick with a bit of romance, check out Gone With the Wind.

The problem with most civil war movies is that they’re written from a Yankee’s perspective, and they play only one note: Slavery.

If you wanna watch a civil war flick with a bit of romance, check out Gone With the Wind.

Agreed. Not gonna say any more about it though. I live here, my thoughts wont be popular. And no I don't think we should have slaves.

Gone With the Wind is a good flick. Its kinda slow at times, but still a good story. Roots is good too, but isn't as much about the war although the war does come into play historically.

I love courtroom and prison movies.

Back