Goofy or Silly Original Songs

how about Pink Floyd's Bike? "I've got a bike you can ride it if you like it's got a basket a bell that rings and things to make it look good!"

I'm a bit embarrassed to post this one from 1977. I remember the first time I heard it on the radio. I was over my relatives place in Swampscott MA and my uncle and I looked at each other and burst out laughing at the same time. I was too young to catch the innuendo, but I'm sure he picked up on it.

Wet Dream by Kip Addotta, the marine and fish euphemisms are absolutely nuts.

Does Your Chewing Gum Lose it's Flavour (On the Bedpost Overnight) by Lonnie Donegan

I'm a bit embarrassed to post this one from 1977. I remember the first time I heard it on the radio. I was over my relatives place in Swampscott MA and my uncle and I looked at each other and burst out laughing at the same time. I was too young to catch the innuendo, but I'm sure he picked up on it.

Well, this was perfect. Thanks for posting.

I love Kid Koala, even his silly ones I think are brilliant

Ode to the Odometer - artist unknown

sorry no recording... but I definitely remember a local band wrote this song. In a nutshell (Harry Chapin style of storytelling), it’s a story about finding a car full of kids have run off the road for no apparent reason. Then they see the odometer was just turning 100,000. They figured all of them were watching the odometer, when it went over the cliff.

Back