Drum Case for 10" x 7" Tom

Scottie15

It's impossible to find a soft shell case for a 10" x 7" tom. I guess the 10" x 7" is standard in most kits nowadays, but can't find an appropriate case.

Yea I see that's the only one. Was looking for something with a sherpa lining. Just thought there'd be more options considering it's considered a standard size nowadays

Sherpa lining you say? What about Alpaca? Or Llama? Sheerling? How about a Gerbil lining? It has to be Sherpa? Man, you can never please anyone anymore. :rolleyes:

Just get one an inch or two deeper. It won't harm anything. If it bugs you to have a bit of space in the bag, it's a good place to keep your small (not too sweaty) towel on top.

Just get one an inch or two deeper. It won't harm anything. If it bugs you to have a bit of space in the bag, it's a good place to keep your small (not too sweaty) towel on top.

This is actually a good. I can just load my. Towels up in the bag.

I use a Protection Racket 10” x 8” for my 10” x 7” tom. I’m someone who likes things “just right” but the drum is so snugly encased inside the soft case that I’ve never thought of it as being badly sized.

I use a Protection Racket 10” x 8” for my 10” x 7” tom. I’m someone who likes things “just right” but the drum is so snugly encased inside the soft case that I’ve never thought of it as being badly sized.

Ok interesting. That should work out just fine then.

Awesome, thank you! I really love the Ahead Armor cases I have for my Mapex kit, as they allow you to zipper down the sides of the case, making it easier to put the tom in and take it out.

In your experience, do these Protection Racket cases have enough space for the suspension mounts?

Yes. That is why the new ones are egg shaped.

And the AAA cases can be bought for rims and for toms without them.

It's impossible to find a soft shell case for a 10" x 7" tom. I guess the 10" x 7" is standard in most kits nowadays, but can't find an appropriate case.
Beato Bags will make you a 10 x 7 bag and they are the best bags going these days IMHO. I have one for my 10 x 7” N&C Horizon Tom

Does anyone has any experience with Protection Racket's bass drum bags? One of the reason I like the Ahead Armor cases is because they allow you to zip down from the sides, making it easier to add or remove drums from the bag.

Hey Scottie, the Ahead Armor 10 x 8” soft case (AR5010) will work fine with your 10 x 7” tom. There’s no reason to change or compromise the features you like with them.

I ordered all my Ahead Armor tom cases 1” deeper than I currently need to allow for different depth toms in the future and have zero problems with any of them being too big.

Unless you need the benefit of Protection Racket’s AAA rigid cases, Ahead’s soft cases still have some edge on features compared to PR’s latest soft cases. I also have several PR cases I’m very pleased with so the comparison is objective.

I'm a huge fan of the Ahead Armor bags. I'm gradually getting a full suite of them for gigging and was planning on getting the 10x8" for my 10x7" tom. So far I have 3 Ahead Armor bags (12x8, 14x14, and a 14x5.5" snare bag)

It's really not a big deal and you'll hardly notice. Plus like others have said, you have room for extra stuff if you need it. :)

Just a minute ago I put my 10x7" tom in my 12x8" AA bag. It works great and doesn't rattle around like you'd think. Getting the exact size bag is overrated! (just as long as it's not smaller) I've been using my 22x18" Gator bag for my 20x16" bass drum and it works great as well.

Last edited:
Hey Scottie, the Ahead Armor 10 x 8” soft case (AR5010) will work fine with your 10 x 7” tom. There’s no reason to change or compromise the features you like with them.

I ordered all my Ahead Armor tom cases 1” deeper than I currently need to allow for different depth toms in the future and have zero problems with any of them being too big.

Unless you need the benefit of Protection Racket’s AAA rigid cases, Ahead’s soft cases still have some edge on features compared to PR’s latest soft cases. I also have several PR cases I’m very pleased with so the comparison is objective.

OK perfect. This is what I wanted to hear. I just prefer the Armor cases since you can zip the sides, making it eaiser to loan and unload drums.

The AAAs look great, but I'm not gigging enough to justify those prices.

I'm Mai8 my trying to narrow down between the Armor cases and the PR egg cases

Back