Firm Throne Seat

Chunkaway

Silver Member
Due to a back issue, I am in need of a throne with a very firm seat. I have a Roc-N-Soc throne currently, but it is too spongy and soft for my back. Any ideas?

Tama's 1st chair is very firm, don't take my word for it though, try before buy!

Reactions: TJK
Tama 1st throne, the round top I use is very firm, which is why I bought it, well that and the four legs. Great piece of gear.

The Ford Smart Ass Moto style throne with Swedish memory foam is fantastic for back issues, but unfortunately I don't think they are being manufactured anymore. If you see a used one for sale scoop it up.

If you don’t need a portable stool, look into lab stools. They’re usually more stable than drum thrones and cost about the same.

Wow, never heard of that brand. I’ll do some digging.

The Smart Ass Thrones were custom ordered through Ford Drums. You could choose several different models (Round Standard, Round Phat and Moto) in variations of stitch patterns and a good selection of colors. I picked up two of them and they have proven to be a lifesaver for my back.

Pictured below are my two SA thrones.

Attachments

• SmartAssRound1.jpg
    SmartAssRound1.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 6
  • SmartAssMoto1.jpg
    SmartAssMoto1.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 5
Due to a back issue, I am in need of a throne with a very firm seat. I have a Roc-N-Soc throne currently, but it is too spongy and soft for my back. Any ideas?
Do you use or have you tried a back rest?

I use a Tama hydraulic ergo rider with backrest and can sit & play for hours without fatigue. The Tama backrest design isn’t like big cushy pad. It’s more like a backstop and is very adjustable.

The Smart Ass Thrones were custom ordered through Ford Drums. You could choose several different models (Round Standard, Round Phat and Moto) in variations of stitch patterns and a good selection of colors. I picked up two of them and they have proven to be a lifesaver for my back.

those are beautiful thrones

Thanks for the information. I have no idea why I have never heard of these thrones before. I’m not seeing them for sale - even used though.

Do you use or have you tried a back rest?

I use a Tama hydraulic ergo rider with backrest and can sit & play for hours without fatigue. The Tama backrest design isn’t like big cushy pad. It’s more like a backstop and is very adjustable.

No, I haven’t used a back rest, but I’m not against it. I have some nerve issues with my lower back which affect my legs. Soft thrones actually cause pain and numbness in my legs, which is why I’m looking for a firm throne.

Carmichael thrones are firm and made specifically for people with back problems. I have one and highly recommend it. They aren't cheap though.

No, I haven’t used a back rest, but I’m not against it. I have some nerve issues with my lower back which affect my legs. Soft thrones actually cause pain and numbness in my legs, which is why I’m looking for a firm throne.
Similar situation for me. I switched out the Tama 1st Chair Ergo Rider tractor seat with a hard Mapex top and that helped pre-surgery. Now I'm back to the Tama.

Wow I thought you were joking about the name, nice looking seats

Back