Stanton Moore....Zildjian??

Yeah, he's now with Zildjian. There was Crescent, then Crescent from Sabian, and now Zildjian. Maybe others?

All I know is, the cat can play.

I have Stanton’s Sabian Crescent line and I like them a lot. However, his cymbals seem pretty much the same no matter who makes them. His Sabian were the same as Bosphorus and now it seems Zildjian is making him a Trash Crash and pang cymbal while he’s just using the Kerope line for everything else.

Yeah, he's now with Zildjian. There was Crescent, then Crescent from Sabian, and now Zildjian. Maybe others?

All I know is, the cat can play.
Don't forget Bosphorous before that. To echo GMiller, yeah, he basically just has them make the same models no matter where he goes; just with a different brand stamped on it. He could be playing B8 and it'd still sound like him though. Mad respect for the guy.

-Jonathan

Seems as if he should have been with Zildjian from the get go. Zildjian doesn't make "signature" cymbals, but as we know certainly works closely with artists to design lines or models. We'll see. The Kerope's seem suitable for what he's doing, although they'd have to make a trash crash of some kind. Unless he goes with a Special Dry.

Seems as if he should have been with Zildjian from the get go. Zildjian doesn't make "signature" cymbals, but as we know certainly works closely with artists to design lines or models. We'll see. The Kerope's seem suitable for what he's doing, although they'd have to make a trash crash of some kind. Unless he goes with a Special Dry.
Seems like the first thing they did was create a prototype Trash Crash. It sounds like all the others except the put rivets in the model I've heard him play. His latest video also has a pang cymbal of some sort but no info knowing how similar it is to his prior models. His 15" hats and 22" rides on the Kerope line are probably very similar to the Sabian Crescent models just on principle as they both were designed to recreate an older vintage darker vibe.

Last edited:
Back