Supralite Head

Does anyone happen to know what head Ludwig ships with their Supralite. I love it . It is very stiff and crackin. Almost like a marching drum head. I looked on Ludwigs website and elsewhere on the web and the head stamps dont look the same. The head I have just says Ludwig on the top nothing else.
Thank you.

I have a 6.5x14 Supralite. I’ve had it several years so I don’t recall what the stock head was. I can guarantee it is far from a marching head. I’m guessing it was just a single ply coated head.

I'm pretty sure the Supralite ships with a Ambassador-equivalent head with Ludwig branding on it. You can't go wrong with either a Remo Coated Ambassador or an Evans Coated G1.

That being said, I bought my 14x6.5 Supralite used and it came with an Evans Genera HD...it sounds absolutely killer. I'm not even sure I'll go back to an Ambassador when this head needs changing, it's that good!

A new batch comes with Ludwig Cursive logo Mediums. I threw that on a Floor Tom.

I tried to match it close as possible to my Supra, and a Emperor x Coated is what I used for that, but still way to loud and ringy to sound close to a Supraphonic. I tried many different heads and found the Emperor X the best suited for my tastes. I also found the gold colored stock wires perfect for this drum.

The Supralites come with a Ludwig logo head, but it is not one of the Monroe-made Weathermaster heads. It looks and feels more like one of the Remo UX or UK type heads. The one on my Supralite didn't feel like it was a 10-mil head either, most likely 7-mil.

I think the Supralite is just a great sounding drum, and I think most any head is probably going to sound good.

The Supralites come with a Ludwig logo head, but it is not one of the Monroe-made Weathermaster heads. It looks and feels more like one of the Remo UX or UK type heads. The one on my Supralite didn't feel like it was a 10-mil head either, most likely 7-mil.

I think the Supralite is just a great sounding drum, and I think most any head is probably going to sound good.
Yes, It's the impost head with Ludwig type coating. Attack brand used to be similar, but there are new owners, and I believe a new film.
They had a heavier coating.
Aquarian Texture Coated single ply is similar, but not as thin.

The Supralite is a great snare. All of the sizes sound really good.
I have the 6.5.

Exact same story with my 13" Supralite - the stock Ludwig head is absolutely killer. I have no idea who makes it for them, or how it's constructed, but I wish I had a stack of them to use on all my snare drums.

GeeDeeEmm

Back