A loud acoustic hand clap with sticks

Stickman

Silver Member
You know those tunes that require a loud endless handclap (usually for acapella songs) - I found a great way of doing this without resorting to a phony e-pad sound or smacking my hands into a mic until they fall off. I know some drummers flam a cross-stick on a snare - but I hate that sound. So I found something that actually sounds pretty darn close for live playing. Basically - flam a large LP jamblock and a cross-stick on the snare.. the 2 tones when flammed close enough sound pretty realistic - and frees you up if you need to suddenly switch to playing the kit.

I like the phony e-pad sound!!! :LOL:

Seriously though, you should make a short video and post it. Sounds interesting!

If the song allows, this is the perfect time to train your bandmates timing...get them together and learning to clap on the beat together!....but, of course, they might need to be doing other things during the need for the clapping : )

...but the idea of sneaking in timing training on your band sounds so fun and useful!

)
...but the idea of sneaking in timing training on your band sounds so fun and useful!

Yes it is a good warmup for the band's timing.. fortunately my band mates are pretty good at keeping time and they all clap when needed.. but I find sometimes the audience clapping is all over the place - so a strong lead that everyone can hear can help..
- except for the people that have had a few drinks!

Back