Storing cymbals - what's your approach?

Ahchv

Hi guys,

Was reading through the post on "how many rides & hi-hats" we all have and realized we all have the same hoarding problem, so that's good to know :D

Curious about what your storage method is?

I have a box I made (inspiration from RDavidR from Youtube) and just lean cymbals against each other, but I don't love it as I feel it puts too much pressure on them

What does everyone out there do to store cymbals?

On their edge, as the cymbal companies and larger shops do.

On their edge, as the cymbal companies and larger shops do.

and will add that mine stay in a cymbal bag as well...out of the light etc.

Well I don't have a lot of cymbals to store. I might have about 6 and they're all sitting on the floor leaning up against the wall and my drum room

Cymbals 21" and smaller not currently being used on my kit live on one of two framed wall mounts.
The center bolt on each mount has a protective rubber sleeve.

Cymbals 22" and larger are stored in one of two leather bags leaning against a wall.

Mount1LoRes.jpgMount2LoRes.jpgMount3LoRes.jpgMount4LoRes.jpg

oh man...I made those mistakes once....just once! It took days to clean up the mess

And four of the neighbors were never heard from again. . . come to to think of it, never did care for them neighbors.

And I’m assuming someone’s already mentioned the obvious place to stash 5 or 6 of your cymbals is on your kit.

Pete

Best idea ever! I love that. The only thing better than playing cymbals and drums is looking at them!

GeeDeeEmm

Got to give credit where credit is due. Got this idea from Mike Johnston's Studio in Folsom, California.

Back