PST7 Hats

I was sceptical at first, even with all the positive reviews and bought them online without hearing them. No doubt the 602's and 2002's are better but in a noisy band setting they seem to cut through quite well, though not sure Id pay the full asking price for a new set.

I used mine at rehearsal last night. They're basically back-ups to my Paiste Giant Beats, which I didn't want to use, and I'd forgotten how decent they sound.

My PST7 hats are the only cymbals I haven't upgraded to pro level.
They are extremely versatile and I can't find anything that is a significant leap in sound quality, at least to my ear.
They remind me of my favorite Paiste 404 hats that I played in the late 80's.

I had a pair of Lights for a while - great hats, very close to the 14" Giant Beats to my ear. Were kicked off the stand by a pair of 15" GBs though, those are just too good. To me, the hats are the best feature of the PST7 line.

The PST7 hats are indeed terrific, as is the medium ride cymbal. The crashes are decent but the hi hats and the rides outclass them by an appreciable amount.

My cymbals are all 505's and I'd been looking for 505 hi hats but they are getting way too expensive now....reckon these 7's will do for a while.

I had a pair of Lights for a while - great hats, very close to the 14" Giant Beats to my ear. Were kicked off the stand by a pair of 15" GBs though, those are just too good. To me, the hats are the best feature of the PST7 line.
Exactly the same for me. Exact same size of Giant Beats too.

Also a fan. After quite a bit of experimentation the two sets of hats I use are both made up of medium bottom and thin top PST7 crashes. My ride and crashes are 2002 Big Beats, and China and splash are Wuhan.
Before using the PST7’s I had used Zildjian A custom, Zildjian K light, and Paiste Big Beat. Still chose the PST7’s in the end...?A7A84F80-2D72-4FA7-9FF7-94EAC47D970B.jpeg

Back