What's your latest purchase?

Outlaw Drums purple heart segmented snare. It’s meant to honor American service members who received the Purple Heart. The distressed nature of the finish is supposed to represent the hardships that the service members endured.

Snare sounds great. Someone spent a lot of time on this finish. B9D4CEF7-EABF-4478-AD1E-A48DB7DE28D3.jpeg773F77C8-1F10-40D2-8835-EDBED860AE69.jpeg22DD459D-7E7C-464C-BF79-A0283E1BB18C.jpeg

Bought some New Paiste’s,
18” Signature Full and 18” Sig fast crashes, 15” Dark Energy l hi hats and 20” Dark Energy Mark l Ride. Also picked up a used, but in great shape, medium 18” Alpha Swiss Crash.

That's a beautiful drum. So what's with the claws on the hoops?

Thanks. The claws are just an alternative way to keep a head tensioned that works for this kind of hoop. There is no real benefit and it’s done more fo aesthetics than anything I suppose. Other builders use claws of different sizes for snare and tom hoops. I had feared that stick strikes would bend or damage claws over time but one of my Van Kleefs has held up just fine.

Recently I bought a Wuhan 16" China from Ray Fransen's Drum Center in Kenner, Louisiana. Peace and goodwill.

Just placed an order for a 13 x 9” Noble and Cooley Horizon Rock Tom to go with the 24 “ bass drum and 16” floor Tom I currently own to complete the setup .

I also placed an order for a Sonor Protean 14 x 5.25” Premium package which includes hard case , two sets of extra snares , two drum keys and case for snares . This is the snare drum designed by Gavin Harrison .

How about a thread to celebrate and marvel at our newest purchases? I know I'll enjoy seeing yours.

Here's mine:

A mixed box of toys. Evans g2 over g1 coated for my yamaha kit, tight screws and trick quick release cymbal toppers.

A quick release hi hat drop clutch, some rods, some brushes, emperors for my saturn kit, and a 20" emad which could go on either of my 20'' kicks. Also a dw cowbell mount.

I'm so happy.

You must post pictures wherever possible.

Non drum related things are encouraged.

How about a thread to celebrate and marvel at our newest purchases? I know I'll enjoy seeing yours.

Here's mine:

A mixed box of toys. Evans g2 over g1 coated for my yamaha kit, tight screws and trick quick release cymbal toppers.

A quick release hi hat drop clutch, some rods, some brushes, emperors for my saturn kit, and a 20" emad which could go on either of my 20'' kicks. Also a dw cowbell mount.

I'm so happy.

You must post pictures wherever possible.

Non drum related things are encouraged.
Congrats on your latest acquisition... I just picked up a beautiful set of Yamaha Stage Customs, in Honey Amber. All Birch shells, Bering edges are flawless, matching snare... 10, 12, 14, 16, 22 & matching snare. I can't believe how good they sound! I was also lucky enough to come across a 24" Ping, which is so clean I thought it was new... (94' was the last year for the 24") now I need a super-heavy boom stand as this behemoth is extremely heavy... I was initially concerned about the Yamaha YESS mounts as I'm a heavy hitter, needless to say they are rock solid, and the toms are standard sizes, and the 14 & 16 are floor toms. As of this writing I have 36 snare drums & 3 kits, a Mapex, a Pearl Masters & a Ludwig prototype kit made of stainless steel, not to be confused with the steel kits of the 70s, which were sheet metal. The shells on this kit are approx 3/8 thick, extremely heavy and LOUD. My new Yamaha kit at a mere fraction of the price sounds and looks just as good... A bit bias perhaps as I've always had an affinity for birch.

Rounding out my live gig setups. Really impressive stuff!

- Sabian 22" HHX Complex Med Ride
- Zildjian 20" K Sweet Crash
- Evans UV2 tom batter heads and EC Reso heads

some good boxing day deals here north of the border at Long & McQuade I jumped on:

- Tama Iron Cobra Lever Glide Hi-Hat stand for $50
- Sabian Regular Hi-Hats (pre-AA) for $30
- Sabian Quick Stick Bag for $20

Got a Resotune. They're still on sale for $99.99 at this moment:

VERY happy with this tuner. I was able to get a low tuning on my Renown set easily, something I had trouble with before.

Giving the KickPro a try. This will be my first time ever I bought something to put inside a bass drum. My initial reaction (sitting at the kit, pumping away at my bass drum) was that the sound is tighter and more focused, but that may be my spent money talking.

Attachments

• IMG_5129.jpg
    IMG_5129.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 12
Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band Play along book with CD

A book of charts with studio big band recordings. I've definitely got my work cut out for me for a while!

0EF9257E-E358-4B52-8508-DE0CB7A0A3E8.jpeg

18” HHX Complex Thin Crash. Had a Paiste prototype 18 that was too bright and loud for the rest of the kit, so I brought it into the drum shop to see what could take its place. I was already hoping to find one of these, so I took the plunge and brought it home. It’s buttery and warm and wonderful and i think I’ll have to get the matching 20” crash before too long.

Also got my one remaining Christmas gift, a Meinl build-your-own cajon kit!

Back