Meytal Cohen? She plays, right?

When did Meytal become a "metal" drummer-I've heard her play lots of classic rock, indie, etc so now she's only "metal"? Wow I'll have to check her out again. Anyways she's a talented lady but "you can argue" she does promote her sexuality with her clothing-not dissing it no different than males wearing spandex to show off their assets like Tommy Lee. When a male or female wears "revealing" clothing it gets notice. But plenty, like Sina Doering has been popular with comments on here, that just wears jeans and a t shirt or nondescript clothing. Seems if you pull the "sex factor" then comments of notice are inevitable (comments on breast or penis, etc) so I find calling comments sexist a bit absurd (the whole point is for attention in such dress). But we are sexual beings and people use that comedy, rage and anger, etc to sale themselves or a band so I don't have a problem with it. I remember seeing the Allman bros band and although blown away by music they were just standing there in shabby clothing-the music was the show not them. But I've never been to a KISS concert but imagine it's just as much about the image as the music. It's all good really if it's good entertainment.

Yes I haven't followed in a few years and she wasn't what I would call a metal drummer-she was playing all genres with different bands-which she plays well. Oh so reading her Wiki article so her videos have promoted her playing not her band I see. So the "metal" band started in 2010-man it's been longer than I realize or she plays with multiple bands and promoting all of it-which I suspect the later.

but "you can argue" she does promote her sexuality with her clothing

but the other 90 videos she uploaded wearing just normal clothes i.e. t.shirts, jeans, sweat pants, trainers, no cleavage ... don't count right? just the couple of videos of her wearing a low vest completely shadow it all right? she cannot make her boobs disappear, there will be times like all us women musicians will just be wearing a vest that day. I see tons of female drummers that totally do use their sexuality, i don't think she's necessarily one of them.

Now you are misreading my comments. As.I stated I haven't followed her closely. But she did post plenty of videos with revealing clothing and she has played in multiple bands from videos. But even if she has a metal band is she not playing with others as she was? But I get your point-I have three buxom daughters and it's difficult if not impossible to hide that fact. Oddly reminds of a story before we traveled to Italy we invited a minister and his wife to our house to talk about their trip. We were sitting at table having a fine time, but I couldn't help notice his buxom wife. Now I was noticing thinking-Dang I feel like a fool fussing at my daughters to cover up when it's impossible to hide. She noticed and shifted her dress which embarrassed the hell out of me-because I'm sure she thought I was drooling rather than reflecting on my daughters. No way I could explain that and she would believe that-so a hell of a note. There is nothing wrong with expressing one's sexuality-it's really what a lot of music is about.

Last edited:
Yes I haven't followed in a few years and she wasn't what I would call a metal drummer-she was playing all genres with different bands-which she plays well. Oh so reading her Wiki article so her videos have promoted her playing not her band I see. So the "metal" band started in 2010-man it's been longer than I realize or she plays with multiple bands and promoting all of it-which I suspect the later.

But even if she has a metal band is she not playing with others as she was?

she just played in 2 bands (one was "moby chick") a led zep tribute) who she toured with before her you tube success blew up through playing predominantly metal covers, then she went on to form an original music metal band "MEYTAL" much later on after her success which she is still present in, but she's known more for her videos. From what I recall she doesn't play in multiple bands no.

Last edited:
as a female drummer myself to come across a female drummer that plays purely metal (which is a rarity let me tell you) was inspiring and encouraging as i always felt silly being a girl attempting to play metal

Check out Blackthorn. It an all female symphonic/black/death metal band. While I don't remember their drummers name right now, she is on fire. Double kick, blast beats, huge rolls, she does it all.

And what's wrong with using sexuality to sell yourself anyway? I'm pretty proud of my body, I'm gonna wear tighter clothes to show it off while I'm drumming while I play gigs. Because why the hell not?

And what's wrong with using sexuality to sell yourself anyway? I'm pretty proud of my body, I'm gonna wear tighter clothes to show it off while I'm drumming while I play gigs. Because why the hell not?

Hey, whatever it takes.

There are some videos of George Kollias playing some non metal music, he can play different stuff to.
Same for David Diepold he has some other videos playing more mellow stuff.

You too could cover things with that level of perfection if you put the track in a DAW, and select 15 sec sections until you nail them, then add them until you complete the entire song. Meytal does that, so she memorizes the song in pieces, plus she does multiple takes so that makes for her "Perfect" covers. I have only seen one of her very early videos where she plays Judith ( A perfect circle) and it is only one camera it appears to be only one take but I can't tell, that video has been deleted since...

Selling sexuality? Go find the girl in my icon, she does drum covers on youtube too. :ROFLMAO:

It's all been beaten to death, but for the record I'll say Meytal is much better than me, but I still would not subscribe to her channel if she was a pudgy, middle aged guy.

Im more of a Anika guy.

I think Anika is one of the sexiest players ever...because she is soooooo freaking confident, solid, and seems like she is super cool....I have never met her, or really heard her speak, but I hope, and don't think she has a bad vibe...no blatant visual stupidity, no low cut shirts....just greatness playing the drums

i had not had a "crush" on a female artist since Joan Jett in 1980...but Anika was second. She is tuff. Even my wife will say "oh, you are watching your girlfriend play drums again huh?"

and I still think Joan Jett is tuff as well...

Check out Blackthorn. It an all female symphonic/black/death metal band. While I don't remember their drummers name right now, she is on fire. Double kick, blast beats, huge rolls, she does it all.

just followed these guys on Spotify...awesome!!!

and you all also need to check out Nervosa from Brazil if you haven't...un freaking real old school thrash/crossover, and punk feel. These girls have studied the best!!!

I think it's sexy for any woman to play a traditionally male instrument- drums, bass, bagpipes, tuba, whatever. I love it when they have the moxie to do it and not give a crap what anyone thinks about it. It doesn't mean I'm attracted to them all, but I'll gladly recognize. ?

I think Meytal is an ok drummer. My problem is with her millions of fans who think she is the best drummer in the world. They seem to have no awareness at all of the many drummers, including females, who are just miles above her in drumming ability.

I think Meytal is an ok drummer. My problem is with her millions of fans who think she is the best drummer in the world. They seem to have no awareness at all of the many drummers, including females, who are just miles above her in drumming ability.

well, I am assuming that a lot of those fans have the same problem with a lot of other stuff: internet blinders. If the have not seen it on instagram, twitter or fb, it does not exist

Sadly MANY of my students are these people....

Back