Preventing & Treating Drumming Related Injuries>>>

would be cool to see some tips for marching drummers as well....dealing with the weight of the drums, as well as playing on Kevlar/Aramid, and higher tensioned heads for long periods of time

i have my kids do a PT program for their bodies and would always be into gaining more insight on this side of things!!
Yes, marching drummers have some major issues as well, for now my program focuses on drum kit players...

I've got arthritis from injuries but in good health (take no meds at 64) though I tend to gain a spare tire whenever I add high glycemic foods to my diet and being sedentary. My memory has turned to crap but it's normal aging stuff-still pisses me. The carbs are like a direct pump to my belly. Since I've been sedentary taking care of wife who has two legs injured I've really put on a spare I noticed in my recent review of a practice video. I'm aghast!!! I look like the Pillsbury doughboy-just call me Oleo. It's the sourdough and mountain bread with high fat Irish butter along with potatoes and other stuff I just can't eat without turning into a blimp. I can eat all the protein and fat I want and lose weight even being sedentary. I'm sure it's all in my genes and ancestry.

I've got arthritis from injuries but in good health (take no meds at 64) though I tend to gain a spare tire whenever I add high glycemic foods to my diet and being sedentary. My memory has turned to crap but it's normal aging stuff-still pisses me. The carbs are like a direct pump to my belly. Since I've been sedentary taking care of wife who has two legs injured I've really put on a spare I noticed in my recent review of a practice video. I'm aghast!!! I look like the Pillsbury doughboy-just call me Oleo. It's the sourdough and mountain bread with high fat Irish butter along with potatoes and other stuff I just can't eat without turning into a blimp. I can eat all the protein and fat I want and lose weight even being sedentary. I'm sure it's all in my genes and ancestry.
Yes, carbs need to be controlled, especially high GI, they also play a role in memory loss. You are onto a bunch of important points, eating more slow carbs plus healthy fats and quality proteins is the way to go. Exercise as we age is very important for bone density, posture and the ability to play drums. Arthritis is an inflammation, again linked to cheap carbs and being sedentary. This and much more are being covered in my program Drummer's Rx

Back