Ludwig P-88 AC strainer question

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
I like the millenium strainer, but the issue is the clearance isn't quite enough for the center bead of the non-Ludwig snare drum I've tried to install it on.
Does the P88 have more space for the center bead of the drum shell than the millenium?

While I can't answer your question, I can suggest nylon/plastic washers as spacers to give you the clearance you need to clear the bead.

This ^ ^ ^ ^ . And you can find those washers at any home improvement store. Metal washers will be fine, as well. (Or, if you want to snazz it up a bit, buy the copper washers.)

GeeDeeEmm

The iNDE strainers work great on beaded shells. They have a simple but smooth design. I've used them on several rebuilds and I always get compliments on them.

I've placed extremely hard rubber washers that fit perfectly at each screw betweeen the shell and the strainer on the outside of the drum.
So far it's worked like a charm! There's now about 1mm of clearance between the shell bead and strainer frame.

Thanks for the tip, you guys are the bees knees.

Last edited:
The iNDE strainers work great on beaded shells. They have a simple but smooth design. I've used them on several rebuilds and I always get compliments on them.

I love the INDe strainer on my Acrolite. A pair of spacers was all I needed to get around the bead. The spacers aren't even always necessary, I'm told.

Great strainer. Highly recommended.

Back