My Debut Album! Numb

gressig1990

I just released an album of my own compositions. I got some great dudes to play on it and would love to hear any critique or advice from you great drummers here!

The album is available on all streaming platforms: spotify, apple muic etc. You can also stream or purchase the album here if you decide to.

https://gregessig.bandcamp.com/

Thanks for your time!

wow - super exciting stuff, funky, jazzy with cool synth ideas. Top tunes and playing...

"Pasta made me fat", crazy track!

Are you going to do concerts with this?

Last edited:
“Greg Essig is a 250 year old man who plays drums and writes music.”

?

wow - super exciting stuff, funky, jazzy with cool synth ideas. Top tunes and playing...

"Pasta made me fat", crazy track!

Are you going to do concerts with this?
Thank you! And thank you for taking the time to listen. Yes I perform this music out at venues where I live in Chicago.

Greg! That is some great playing, my friend. The recording quality is top-notch, and you did indeed sign on some very talented musicians to help you out. That's some good, good stuff.

GeeDeeEmm

Wow. This is awesome stuff. I’m definitely going to buy this!
Phrasing & timing are top notch and very cool convincing compositions.

The production though is a small downer for me personally. The drums sound a little choked and compressed & there‘s not much room there. I‘m sure that‘s a creative decision, so that‘s definitely justified. It‘s just Not my taste I guess. Nevertheless, that’s no big deal and doesn‘t change the fact, that it‘s a great record! REALLY enjoyed this (and going to several times more I guess).

Back