What's your latest purchase?

Just got this 20" China Boy High on eBay.
Good price, and I always liked this model. It has rivets too, which I like.
Should have it next week :)
Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 2.15.08 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 2.15.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 2.15.08 PM.png
    409.9 KB · Views: 135
Canopus Club Kit in Bermuda Sand wrap and a Doc Sweeney Stave Kit, mixed species shells of White Oak and Leopardwood. My wife is right on the edge and ready to beat me to death in my sleep....

My new snare is in the wood on that pallet.

Attachments

• almond.jpg
    almond.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 18
1967 Ludwig Acrolite in mint, near museum quality condition. Very different I must say from my '76 Acrolite. With the same tuning it has a bit more ring and snap.

Yesterday I bought a Rhythm Tech drum set tambourine in white. Peace and goodwill.

Scored this bad boy on market place. Mapex Deep Forest Walnut 14 X 6.5. Looking forward to getting my mits on her.

Had my eye on the 30th anniversary snare which is based on the deep forest. Got the original for less than half the cost of the 30th anniversary.

Attachments

• received_560665441408491.jpeg
    received_560665441408491.jpeg
    418.4 KB · Views: 4
I don't see too many pieces long enough for a 14 inch diameter snare. Will it be all pieces, or is the picture deceptive.?

Yeah, they assemble the plies and then lay the plies up. The plies are made of segments that are micro sewn together. Once that is done is made like any other ply drum. Should be here tomorrow. We'll see.

Got a great deal on a new / open box 14" K Custom Special Dry hihat. Exactly what I needed; dry, dark, but still very crisp.

Last edited:
Okay, okay, I lied. I needed a couple more things to really truly totally complete the SS Cygnus II; I got five of those fancy-shmancy new PDP mic mount clamp things. Three 'rack tom' version and two 'floor tom' version for short and long arms; the idea is to mic the entire left side of the kit sans overhead and timbale mic with just one stand. (Well, I can probably clamp a mic to the bottom of that particular stand...) So that's three concert toms, a hihat mic, and a stereo pair for the glockenspiel. I've got a 9000 mic boom arm and am hoping these will all fit on that.

EDIT: Got them in this morning. Works like charm! Tight spaces, but it melts into the figure of the rest of the kit.

Image may contain: one or more people and people on stage

Last edited:
Just more small stuff.

An Evans pad stand for my recently aquired smaller moongel pad and my first BLack Hole, a 14".

Hmmmmmmmmm, Er, Yet again :)

Mapex Pro M "Bonham style" in Caramel Fade.

24x18
13x10
16x16
18x16 (Doubles up as a bass drum with riser kit.
14x6.5 matching snare.

fullsizeoutput_1300 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

Also a Crush Sublime E3 Maple which I received as a trade in for a Premier Artist Maple. (Ignore the Pearl Logo Head as I am just messing with it at the mo as I am not keen on the finish.

8DE7AF5D-53F2-456E-90C1-65E64B3721CB by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_1302 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

Back