Ride cymbal mic technique.

reDrum

Hi , how i must be mic the ride cymbal? Ride cymbal is getting lost on songs when the loud songs played.Im thinking the mic the cymbal.

Is this during rehearsals? What ride cymbal are you using and what music do you play? Maybe you just need a heavier ride.

Here's a mad idea.

Tell your guitarists to turn the f*ck down. Give your bassist a colouring in book or keep him distracted with a laser pointer whilst you turn his amp down for him.

You'll hear your ride cymbal then and you won't have to spend any money.

Here's a mad idea.

Tell your guitarists to turn the f*ck down. Give your bassist a colouring in book or keep him distracted with a laser pointer whilst you turn his amp down for him.

You'll hear your ride cymbal then and you won't have to spend any money.

LOL!

One of the things that drives me nuts about guitar players is their volume. I swear if guitar players would take an additional $30 and buy an amp stand and lean their amps back toward their heads, we would NEVER have this problem. If they would do this, 100% of them would cut down.

One of the things that drives me nuts about guitar players is their volume.

For me, it has always been bassists. I have difficulty hearing the guitar because Foghorn Megaphone won't get his sound under control.

LOL!

One of the things that drives me nuts about guitar players is their volume. I swear if guitar players would take an additional $30 and buy an amp stand and lean their amps back toward their heads, we would NEVER have this problem. If they would do this, 100% of them would cut down.

None of the guitarists I gig with use anything above 30 watt and they keep up with me unmiced very easily. Need more oomph live get an SM57 and go through a PA and don't deafen everyone else in the band.

For me, it has always been bassists. I have difficulty hearing the guitar because Foghorn Megaphone won't get his sound under control.

Foghorn Megaphone, I'm stealing that!

It's always been bassists with me too, thankfully a problem of the past.

Putting a pillow in the bass drum helps the bassist hear themself better. Bass quieter often helps guitarist hear better. Guitar quieter helps drummer hear better.
My Rube Goldberg method for hearing my drums better.

Tryed nylon tips?

Ride cymbal is getting lost on songs when the loud songs played.

Long story short: Don't use a ride cymbal for loud songs. It's a losing battle. Play something aggressive on the ride cymbal or cowbell instead.

Generally a mic in a boom mic stand above the cymbal picks up cymbal sounds. You might experiment with mic placement.

Back