What's your latest purchase?

Found original delmar wrap,,,and had the 16” floor Tom wrapper,,,matches my pdp cx blue onyx perfect,,,cheers

Attachments

• 613BA575-317C-4381-B010-18085FBE293F.jpeg
    613BA575-317C-4381-B010-18085FBE293F.jpeg
    781.3 KB · Views: 12
  • BF835289-78CE-4496-B5D2-7F4C946D2C53.jpeg
    BF835289-78CE-4496-B5D2-7F4C946D2C53.jpeg
    755.1 KB · Views: 14
Found original delmar wrap,,,and had the 16” floor Tom wrapper,,,matches my pdp cx blue onyx perfect,,,cheers
That tom looks great!

Couple of questions:
* Where in the world did you manage to find a single Pacific CX 16" floor tom? They are nearly impossible to locate. (What color was it originally?)
* Where did you locate the matching Blue Onyx wrap?

GeeDeeEmm

That tom looks great!

Couple of questions:
* Where in the world did you manage to find a single Pacific CX 16" floor tom? They are nearly impossible to locate. (What color was it originally?)
* Where did you locate the matching Blue Onyx wrap?

GeeDeeEmm
Get a hold of Gary from precision drums,,,he can get it,,,,
I found a lx series drum same shell as cx,,and hadit wrapped,,,,
I bought a whole sheet,,,so there some left to do the 8”
The delmar code is vf-2101- pdp blue onyx
Google delmar products catalog
It under non-standard celluloid
I got tired of constantly looking for the tom,,,,or seeing won’t sell 16” tom drum separate,,,,
My plan was to use a 16”Tom first made in Mexico,,,cx,lx,mx series,platinum series,,second plan was ax7 series,,,third concept,,,series,,and change the lugs,,,,fourth Keller maple shell ,,,and buy cx lugs,on line,,,,as u can see there is options,,,,
I would get the wrap first,,,then go from there
I found a 8”x 7”( the other add on),, with the suspension mount bracket,,,,that one is a maple x-7 series,,ill have it wrapped later,,,,that should complete the whole set,,,,

My snare (6.5 BB) sounded really great in the studio this weekend, and I realized this morning that I had put on a set of the Fat Cat 30 strand wires on it.
I bought 2 more sets today :)Products795514-1200x1200-1110815.jpg

I like them because it gets a bit more crispness from the snare, but doesn't overpower with mainly snare sound like a 42 set sounds to me.

Get a hold of Gary from precision drums,,,he can get it,,,,
I found a lx series drum same shell as cx,,and hadit wrapped,,,,
I bought a whole sheet,,,so there some left to do the 8”
The delmar code is vf-2101- pdp blue onyx
Google delmar products catalog
It under non-standard celluloid
I got tired of constantly looking for the tom,,,,or seeing won’t sell 16” tom drum separate,,,,
My plan was to use a 16”Tom first made in Mexico,,,cx,lx,mx series,platinum series,,second plan was ax7 series,,,third concept,,,series,,and change the lugs,,,,fourth Keller maple shell ,,,and buy cx lugs,on line,,,,as u can see there is options,,,,
I would get the wrap first,,,then go from there
I found a 8”x 7”( the other add on),, with the suspension mount bracket,,,,that one is a maple x-7 series,,ill have it wrapped later,,,,that should complete the whole set,,,,
Good information, Bluekit. I don't need one, as I bought all the drums available when I purchased my CX kit in 2000. Glad I did, too, 'cause finding the 16" and 8" toms now is extremely difficult. Heck, somebody might make a few coins if they could find a way to assemble new 16" CX-style floor toms. There's certainly a market for them.

GeeDeeEmm

I picked up this 14x5 Gretsch Renown maple snare to use for my 4160 project (die cast rims, correct lugs and number - Thanks for your help TK-421). I may have to just get those lugs and rods anyways, along with 302s.

I plugged this maple syrup snare in, and all I can say is the sound is so warm and round I couldn’t help but smile.
FE774290-3637-4779-BF8B-0FEB7BA87A68.jpegFA15991B-26C7-46D8-9C81-6406DDF94D09.jpeg5DB0E051-06A4-4906-8DBF-ECD13C7988BE.jpeg

Last edited:
I just got the Gibraltar Ultra Adjust flat base stand for my tom.
It's GREAT!

This one has the plastic-y type grips, but they have a raised piece in the center, and it doesn't choke the tone. I'd prefer rubber, but for the positioning I'll just loosen it a touch.
This stand has put the tom in EXACTLY the spot I want, and EXACTLY the angle I want, without compromising anything else.

Haven't bought anything else lately, because, I'm after a Dunnett Classic 2N 6.5 Stainless Steel snare.
That's keeping all other GAS at bay. Have a few bumps in the road yet, but the "drum fund" is getting there :)
I absolutely love the Ludwigs with the mach lugs! My next kit is going to have those!!!

I recently picked up a Tama HTW108 single tom stand for my 10" rack tom to my Ludwig Breakbeats kit which is awesome. Looks just like the air ride snare stand (which I own one as well). Little on the pricy side but I'm converting the 16" kick to make it a virgin kick. I also took a chance and ordered a 14x14 Ludwig Element floor tom in red sparkle hoping it would match the Breakbeats kits and it does! Looking forward to having two floors on the kit.

These..... Inspired by the red ones on Frosty's black and red Pearl kit!
Waiting on some Remo Colourtones also in blue..........

Attachments

• cympad.jpg
    cympad.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 2
Every time I try to post a picture on here it says that the file size is too large. How do I get around this?

I resize my images in Photoshop. Size restriction for the forum has been 600 Pixels (maximum width or height).

Well seeing as I finished & sold my Pearl World Series kit, Another one came up locally today so, rude not to buy it & do it all over again..........

fullsizeoutput_1171 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
I still have my 1987 Coral Red 6 piece WLX (10, 12, 13, 16, with 6.5×14 steel shell snare). Birch with Philippine mahogany thin shells and original coffin lugs. Still enjoy them to this day. Good luck with your new purchase. What heads do you find work best with these?

I finally figured this thing out. Here are 3 Paiste PST-7's. 16 & 17" thin crashes and a 20" medium ride. I am hoping to replace my Zildjian high hats soon with a pair of PST-7 heavy hats.

Attachments

• Paiste PST-7-3.jpg
    Paiste PST-7-3.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 11
Sabian 14" HHX Mini Chinese. I wanted a china that would be heard yet blend with the music instead of the typical ultra-high pitch / max volume china. This does that beautifully.
Here's an illustration of what I didn't want (lol)

music...music...music...CHINA!!!...music...CHINA!!!...music...music...

Back