Something Happen With Replacement Gretsch BD Logos?

AzHeat

Platinum Member
It's been several weeks and I haven't seen anyone selling the Gretsch Drop G logos. I see them for other drum brands, but all I can find for Gretsch are window stickers. Anyone know who has them?

Thanks.

Even though this says it's for cars and trucks, it seems to be the exact same thing I applied to my bass drum a while back (same installation instructions and everything).

That sure looks like it may be it. I saw that, but it said car or truck, so I never dig deeper. All other ones have been regular stickers.

Thanks, I’ll ping the seller to be sure.

I noticed a few months back that Gretsch logos had disappeared. I have to assume their lawyers leaned on the die cut logo sellers.

I wonder why their lawyers would get all bent out of shape about it, when Gretsch themselves don’t sell the transfers. I’d think if someone wanted a head other than the few Remo choices they offer, and wants to put their logo on that head, it’d be better advertising than the Aquarian or Evans logo. You can find drum head decals for every other brand!

I wonder why their lawyers would get all bent out of shape about it, when Gretsch themselves don’t sell the transfers. I’d think if someone wanted a head other than the few Remo choices they offer, and wants to put their logo on that head, it’d be better advertising than the Aquarian or Evans logo. You can find drum head decals for every other brand!

The Gretsch name and logo are trademarked. The problem with trademark is that the trademark holder is "required" to protect it in order to maintain their rights. There isn't an option for selective enforcement, it is "use it or loose it".

Gretsch was bought by DW a couple years back, so I expect DW's legal team is finally catching up.

The Gretsch name and logo are trademarked. The problem with trademark is that the trademark holder is "required" to protect it in order to maintain their rights. There isn't an option for selective enforcement, it is "use it or loose it".

Gretsch was bought by DW a couple years back, so I expect DW's legal team is finally catching up.

I think you're onto something regarding DW. I just looked on Ebay, and there's now only one source for a DW logo: DCP.

Have you checked eBay. The last 2 I bought I bought on eBay.

Have you checked eBay. The last 2 I bought I bought on eBay.
Yes, and both were wrong. I've reached out to a few sellers, but they are pretty hush-hush about it. They said they can't really say, or the lawyers will come after them. I think I may have found a set though. One thing's for sure, I don't need anymore window decals though!

Ordered that one. It's a window decal. I think I have one ordered up from a different vendor. Will see when it arrives.
It says it is a vinyl die-cut stick on. It is not a water release decal. I have used two of them...???

It says it is a vinyl die-cut stick on. It is not a water release decal. I have used two of them...???
When I click on the link, it says I purchased this item on X date, with the option to see the transaction. 100% a window decal with a square clear border. Ordered another die cut one from Amazon that said BD logo and it was an exact match to the first one.

The one I just bought was from a seller who said he couldn’t elaborate as to if its a transfer or not. That sounds like a yes to me. Should be here in a couple of days.

I've downloaded all sorts of logos from that site, and Tapeworks.com has always made me great die cut stickers. I even had them make a big sticker of my front license plate, using 3M reflective material so that it looks exactly like the real thing. As a result, I didn't need to drill holes in my front bumper cover. Everyone who notices my front 'plate', is totally blown away.

But back to the Gretsch logos, I had them make me a small one to put on my motorcycle helmet. I've also had them make me smaller Yamaha logos for my bass drum. The logos that Gretsch and Yamaha (and every other company) use on their bass drums are too big. Make a smaller one and it looks much classier.

Back