Drumstick Innovation - Low Volume Drumsticks

Im confused how Todd haas used them for years, and they are just going to Kickstarter.???

Those are crazy-looking. I'd love to try a set though.
The other thing I'll warn you about with these is try not to use them too much or you'll "de-train" your wrists and hands (ie regular wooden sticks feel like they're made of lead after using the Ultra-tones for too long)!

I tried the Lidwish sticks. We're $75 and broke almost instantly...that is what set me on the path to develop something better. And I did!
I'm assuming you were using them with acoustic drums when they broke?

I should mention that I've only used the Ultra-Tones on e-drums (with the sensitivity dialled up to account for the softer strikes) and never on acoustics so I don't know if your sticks are designed with those in mind.

Really interested to see what you've come up with!

I'm assuming you were using them with acoustic drums when they broke?

I should mention that I've only used the Ultra-Tones on e-drums (with the sensitivity dialled up to account for the softer strikes) and never on acoustics so I don't know if your sticks are designed with those in mind.

Really interested to see what you've come up with!
Yes, I was using them on an acoustic kit. I had e-drums in the past, but have not used these new sticks on any. They should work just fine though. These were designed for acoustic kits. And I'm dying to post the info on here...but can't just yet. I might shoot myself in the foot if I post it now.

It is easy to imagine bundle sticks being a thing of the past when you have played with these. It's nice to be able to play your drums without any earplugs and still get the same sound and feel.

What sizes will be available @ launch?? sounds like a killer project!!!! Also 8 bucks for one pair is a dream of a price...I'm sold.

Yes please. I play praise and worship in a older church in a traditional sanctuary. I currently use ProMark Lightning Rods - they are ok, but like any other split rod type of stick, they suck tone out of everything, they are expensive, and they don't last very long.

The sooner you get these on the market, the better - if they are better than Lightning Rods, you'll have at least one faithful, regular customer.

So it's a light low mass stick-what shape-just one like a 5A? I use to use a 7A but discovered it's too light so now I practice with a 2B and play with a 5A. I like the varying weight more than shape TBH. So what are they made of fir, pine, or compressed bamboo? Maybe you should "specialize" and make custom sticks to order.

Very interested as well. Can you give us some construction details? are they bamboo? Great price point!

Very interested as well. Can you give us some construction details? are they bamboo? Great price point!
I'll say this - they are maple, and the wood is not exposed. There is something special about the shape though - it is able to flex a little bit, delivering less energy to the drum. I've had a ton of different designs, nothing compared to this one, which was really the simplest. The key is simplicity and functionality. And these sticks tie those two things together with great playability.

This is a quote I am using on my marketing material from one professional drummer:
"The most innovative product for stick control and the problem of loud drumming I've seen in decades!!!"

Yes please. I play praise and worship in a older church in a traditional sanctuary. I currently use ProMark Lightning Rods - they are ok, but like any other split rod type of stick, they suck tone out of everything, they are expensive, and they don't last very long.

The sooner you get these on the market, the better - if they are better than Lightning Rods, you'll have at least one faithful, regular customer.
You'll be a bit less than a regular customer because they will last longer than lightning rods!! Woot!!! ProMark is not interested in these being on the market....I found out from the horses mouth....I'm sure they like how they have an expensive product that doesn't last too long, and is the only option. Not good for us drummers! Well, this drummer became fed up with those sticks and set out to create something better. Created by a drummer, for drummers!

As a former product designer whose products have sold well north of half a billion dollars, I promise you Pro Mark nor anyone else doesn’t care about how long or short they last. They only care whether or not they sell something or their competitors beat them at it.

Personally, I’m pulling for you but at this point all we have is a lot of talk.

Picture and video up!

Thoughts?

I think they are rectangular. Not gonna work for me. The stick being round is just as important as the length, weight, and balance point. If it doesn't feel like a stick in my hand, I'm not gonna want to use it.

Sorry, just being honest.

I'm always interested in new products. I wish boomers post was still here. The shape alone makes me not want to try them. It appears to be a square dowel split down the middle.

Back