10th Anniversary Cast Bronze Sonor Snare Drums

Stroker

Platinum Member
Limited to 10 a piece, check them out

While dear in price, for those that fancy metal snare drums, they look like a dream.

If you have another special drum made for DCP, here's a request for a really lightweight thin shelled wood snare, steambent preferably :)

For those of us who have preferences at the other end of the sonic spectrum.

I really do appreciate all you do Shane. Thank you.

If you were to find an original Tama bell brass snare, it would set you back even more. The Sonor isn't that outrageous by comparison.

Bermuda

If you were to find an original Tama bell brass snare, it would set you back even more. The Sonor isn't that outrageous by comparison.

Bermuda

Still twice the price of an Oriollo. On the other hand you would likely turn a profit upon resale of the Sonor (so long as cast drums haven't gone out of fashion by the time you sell).

Last edited:
I'd love one of the 6.5's.
Sigh... both my credit card and tinnitus won't tolerate it.

These drums are on a whole different level than most. Obviously, it's personal preference if the price is worth it. But it's easy to see why it's priced at what it is.
One of the only bronze snare I would get is the Gretsch USA custom 5mm Phosphorus Bronze snare.

Last edited:
Apparently, DCP, has one less 10th Anniversary 6.5x14 Snare Drum as of this morning.

Simply eye-watering.

These drums are on a whole different level than most. Obviously, it's personal preference if the price is worth it. But it's easy to see why it's priced at what it is.
One of the only bronze snare I would get is the Gretsch USA custom 5mm Phosphorus Bronze snare.

I personally wouldn’t trust Gretsch USA to make these drums right. Try Oriollo. Vukan will make any metal drum to your specifications and the result will be second to none (including Sonor and Tama, much less Gretsch..).

Back