Ludwig Club dates soon

lefty2

Platinum Member
cZAraR8.jpg

Well I'll be ordering a 3-piece shell pack Ludwig Club date downbeat series. 8 X 12 rack 14 X 14 floor tom and 14 x 20 kick. I'm going to put a DW vintage style rail mount on the kick. My local store is going to get me a price next week. I wanted to use the atlas rail but he told me it would not work on the club date series. I forgot all about the single lugs on the club dates. this might be my last kit. I'm 59 I have a set of Yamaha Power Tour custom from 1988, a set of 2003 model Tama starclassic performer Birch and soon the club date kit. That should have me covered LOL
tTWXAIy

Last edited:
Congrats! You’ll love them. Since you’ll have to drill for the DW rail, you could just drill to mount the Atlas rail instead to keep it all Ludwig...

I’ve used both mounts though, and they’re both good if you’re not worried about keeping it Ludwig.

Use a no drill tom mount.

I noticed those when I was looking at tom holders online. They didn't appeal much to me. Thanks for mentioning it though.

Congrats! You’ll love them. Since you’ll have to drill for the DW rail, you could just drill to mount the Atlas rail instead to keep it all Ludwig...

I’ve used both mounts though, and they’re both good if you’re not worried about keeping it Ludwig.

I'll think about that Atlas rail idea. I've been listening to them online, paying special attention to the sound of them using the room mics, or recorders like the Zoom. I feel that may give me the best idea of what they really sound like. I've also read reviews of them. I have not heard them in person yet.

I just got an email with the price and it's great. So looks like it's gonna go down. I'm excited! Just under $1,500

I found out today that my drums will be arriving in the latter part of June. I kind of figured it would take a couple of months. I could have got them in four days if I bought them online but I really wanted to buy them from my local store. and they actually give me a better deal then what I could have got them for online, which surprised me. I was expecting to pay a little more then the lowest Online deal.

I found that local can be the better deal, but like you, there may be a longer wait. Congrats on the new purchase. :)

Play them in good spirit my friend.

I much prefer the modern yellowed look, as opposed to an actual yellowed wrap lol.

I much prefer the modern yellowed look, as opposed to an actual yellowed wrap lol.

I feel the same way because a yellow-ed kit that has happened over time is usually not consistent between the drums. I got a set of Ludwigs maple classics in these sizes last week, and I love them. Mine is the first 14" floor tom that actually sounds as good as a 16". I didn't think they existed, but Ludwig has proven me wrong.

I found that local can be the better deal, but like you, there may be a longer wait. Congrats on the new purchase. :)
I've shopped at Midwest Drum and Percussion for many yrs. but have never bought a drum set there. Quite a few cymbals and hardware ect.
I try to give them as much business as I can. Matt (the owner) treats me really well. I've only bought 3 kits since 1988 though.

Play them in good spirit my friend.
thank you Larry. I'm not sure if I'll use them with the country band I'm in, but I'll sure be playing them.

My wife hates the finish lol. She rarely go out to see me play anyway. I like several of Ludwigs old sch. finishes. Vintage white marine pearl is pretty sweet also.

That's a nice set for a good price - congrats.
Thank you.
I like the knurled bar on the rail mount. It looks like it would grip better than the smooth chromed metal on the Ludwig Atlas Arch I've got.
https://www.amazon.com/Ludwig-LAC2983MT-Brackets-Mounting-Hardware/dp/B00EI4ZHY8

I decided to go with the DW mount. It looks like it will go lower than some of the others. I like my rack almost touching the kick. It also is easy to remove.

Beautiful. Put the tom on a snare stand like the pic. Classy.[/QUOTE

Oh no way. I tried that a couple of times. The drum needs to be above the kick for me. Snare stands also kill the drum most of the time. Which is fine if you're micing them though.

Last edited:
You've probably thought this through, but where are you going to install the DW rail? It's going to add a few inches off to the side, and even more dead-centre.

You've probably thought this through, but where are you going to install the DW rail? It's going to add a few inches off to the side, and even more dead-centre.

Yeah I'm not sure exactly where I'm going to put the rail. I will probably hang the Tom off of a cymbal stand in the position where I want it and then place the rail on the Kik drum in an area that will match the Tom position. I'm hoping that I won't have to put it off to the side on the Kik because I'm left-handed. Chances are if I ever sell those drums a right-handed person will be buying them and the Tom Holder will be on the wrong side of the drum LOL I picture myself not selling any of the drums that I have now in the future. Also I don't picture myself buying anymore other than something to complement one of the kits that I already have. This will be my third kit.

I could have got them in four days if I bought them online but I really wanted to buy them from my local store. and they actually give me a better deal then what I could have got them for online, which surprised me. I was expecting to pay a little more then the lowest Online deal.

I was surprised too! Recently I got a Dream Bliss Paper-Thin crash at my local music store for $40 less than anywhere online.

It's as if brick and mortar stores are catching on to the whole online thing and have decided to become more competitive. What a novel concept!

Back