New stuff!

Nice! Let us know how you like the QSC TouchMix board.

Nice! Let us know how you like the QSC TouchMix board.

It was a toss up between the QSC and Presonus. The QSC seemed a little easier to use. QSC is located a few miles from where I live. The QCS is a more compact board and space in my little drum area is limited. Looking forward to using it!

It was a toss up between the QSC and Presonus. The QSC seemed a little easier to use. QSC is located a few miles from where I live. The QCS is a more compact board and space in my little drum area is limited. Looking forward to using it!

Thanks. QCS boards have been recommended to me and I'm hoping to purchase one next year.

After two days of waiting, the boxes are opened!!!

Attachments

• mixer.jpg
    mixer.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 280
  • studio monitors.jpg
    studio monitors.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 281
Nice. Once I learn what’s what, I may need to upgrade to something like that for more control than my Focusrite. Nice snare collection too.

More channels, more cables, UGH!!

Attachments

• cables.jpg
    cables.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 240
Nice Tune Bot. Lol. I was looking hard at the smaller TouchMix but ended up going with the Midas computer controlled mixer. I still have my KRK monitors from 15 years ago.

I've got KRK Rokit 6 monitors for my little home recording setup. I've always felt they were very solid speakers. I just wish I hadn't gotten the bright "Ferrari" red ones. :)

I've got KRK Rokit 6 monitors for my little home recording setup. I've always felt they were very solid speakers. I just wish I hadn't gotten the bright "Ferrari" red ones. :)

I'm happy with them. The reviews are very good. I thought it was a good bang for the buck. I'm in a small room and these monitors will rattle the walls for sure. LOL

QSC offers a pretty extensive on line video training series for their mixers. I can use all the help I can get. That was part of the reason I choose QSC.

I've played some music through it and it sounds great. The mixer is super quiet. Waiting on a external hard drive so I can start recording. Should be here in a couple days.

Got my drums mic'ed up using the factory presets and they sound great.

The last of the new gear arrived. Newman KM184 mic's for overheads. Traded in a Shure Beta 52. AKG D112 and a pair of AKG C1000s mics and got a pretty good deal.

Attachments

• KM184.jpg
    KM184.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 154
Funken up my snare with a Telefunken M80. The endless money pit called home recording. LOL

Attachments

• telefunken.jpg
    telefunken.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 100
# 94 of 200.

Attachments

• Taz 1.jpg
    Taz 1.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Taz 2.jpg
    Taz 2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 13
  • taz.jpg
    taz.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 12
Funken up my snare with a Telefunken M80. The endless money pit called home recording. LOL

How do you like the Telefunken M80 on snare? I typically go between either a Telefunken M81 or an Audio-Technica ATM63HE.

It sounds great and with the right angle XLR cable it fits in really tight spaces. I've thought about using the M81 on the snare side. I still like 57s too.

After working with the QSC board for a few months I can say that I'm really impressed. I'm using it for home recording. It sounds great and it's easy to use. It will convert multi track recordings to 2 track stereo MP3 files with a push of a button. Over dubs are easy also as I like to add percussion to a tracks at times. I'm still exploring every thing it's capable of.

It won't do editing so you would need a DAW for that. That's simple too. You just plug the external hard drive into your computer and upload the tracks. QSC provides a free software download that is compatible with most popular DAWs. Upgrades are also provided free as new Firmware becomes available. I have already upgraded once and got some new really cool features. Again the external hard drive is used for this so there's no need to hard wire or wifi the mixer to the computer.

I like stand alone gear. I can do everything I want to do on the mixer and really don't want to use a computer. Highly recommended!!

Back