New Yamaha light weight hardware

I just purchased this hardware kit. I got tired of carrying the heavy hardware and needed a change. The bag is light and compact. Each piece of aluminum hardware has its own smaller bag, so the pieces do not bang into each other. The bag is big enough for the throne base and floor tom legs. I think I still have room for some other parts too. With just the Yamaha pieces I think it weighs 22 pounds. My only complain is the hi-hat spring is not tight enough. But, I'll rig up some external additional spring.

Congratulations. Think you’ll continue to be pleased with both the lighter weight and quality. Mine are still going strong after a year.

As far as increasing the hi-hat spring tension, two other options are to 1) swap the internal spring with a stronger one, or 2) add spacers to the internal rod to compress the spring further. The latter is how other stands with external adjustment achieve it and the mod is discussed further in this thread:

Congratulations. Think you’ll continue to be pleased with both the lighter weight and quality. Mine are still going strong after a year.

As far as increasing the hi-hat spring tension, two other options are to 1) swap the internal spring with a stronger one, or 2) add spacers to the internal rod to compress the spring further. The latter is how other stands with external adjustment achieve it and the mod is discussed further in this thread:

Hey Fl.tom, thank you that is very useful. I was thinking of adding another spring outside the stand running from the pedal to the base mount. But your solution is better.

You’re welcome, EM. I saw you were considering adding an external spring and just wanted to offer some other options in case it didn’t work out. Not sure they’re necessarily any better (your external spring idea would allow for easier adjustment), but certainly contingency if you need it. Best regards.

Back