Anybody live near Bridgeton, Missouri ?

T_Weaves

Silver Member
There's a Gretsch USA Custom kit at the Bridgeton, Missouri Guitar Center for sale as a used item for a pretty decent price. It would be great if someone lived closed enough to put some eyes on it and LMK if there's any marks, scrapes or gouges on it. I'll send you a box of free usable drum stuff for your trouble.

This is the kit. Looks good from a few feet away and I LOVE this finish.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Gretsch-Drums/USA-CUSTOM-Drum-Kit-114641064.gc

Cheers,
Todd

Unfortunately it is on the wrong side of the state for me. About 6 hours. If it was in western Mo, then yeah. I'm about 45 minutes from the Ar/Mo border. Hope someone can help you.

Thanks for responding. Yeah, it looks like it's northwest of St Louis at the intersection of outerbelt I-270 and I-70.

I live pretty close to there, in O’Fallon, MO (location is still marked as Kansas City but I moved out this way in September). Got a gig tomorrow night in STL, since I’m heading that way I could drop by and get pics for ya. Any other specific info you need?

I live near by but can't get there until at least Monday. It is 5 minutes from my work. I'll PM you and you can let me know if you still need someone to take a look at them.

I live pretty close to there, in O’Fallon, MO (location is still marked as Kansas City but I moved out this way in September). Got a gig tomorrow night in STL, since I’m heading that way I could drop by and get pics for ya. Any other specific info you need?

That would be wonderful! I'm looking for pics of any blemishes. Back of toms facing drummer, underside of bass drum, pedal rash, bass drum hoops etc etc. You know what to look for. I'm hoping it was just well-heeled person who kept them in his house and got bored with them. You should be able to tell if they've been gigged heavy or at all. They don't appear to have been. I guess the only other thing would be to verify the sizes. GC doesn't mention the depths. They state 22-10-12-16. I've PM'd you my cell and email. You can't imagine how much I'd appreciate your help on this.

I live near by but can't get there until at least Monday. It is 5 minutes from my work. I'll PM you and you can let me know if you still need someone to take a look at them.

Drummer-russ, I got your PM. Thank you so much. If MrTheOne (great handle BTW) doesn't get by there, I'll get in touch with you Sunday nite via the contact info you provided me. Again, thanks and I'll be in touch.

I work right down the road. Just tried to inspect them for you, but they are up off the ground and I didnt have time to deal with them getting them down.

I told the sales guy zach that someone may call for a rundown. He’ll get up there and inspect for ya.

Sorry i couldnt be more help.

https://imgur.com/a/bIAOBRY

EDIT - They looked new from 10 feet away. Salesman said they are a wrap, not laquer as they appeared.

Last edited:
All right, I’m on the case! I should be able to text you pics later today.
Also, “MeTheOne” is kind of an inside inside joke related to a Halloween costume I once wore (was Neo from The Matrix).
Haha!

I work right down the road. Just tried to inspect them for you, but they are up off the ground and I didnt have time to deal with them getting them down.

I told the sales guy zach that someone may call for a rundown. He’ll get up there and inspect for ya.

Sorry i couldnt be more help.

https://imgur.com/a/bIAOBRY

EDIT - They looked new from 10 feet away. Salesman said they are a wrap, not laquer as they appeared.

Thanks Sarge, Got your photo. They're lacquer. He's probably a guitar player. hehe. Nice of you to stop in for me. They're $200 cheaper than that price they have on there too. Sweet. I'm getting a quote with S/H as we speak.

All right, I’m on the case! I should be able to text you pics later today.
Also, “MeTheOne” is kind of an inside inside joke related to a Halloween costume I once wore (was Neo from The Matrix).
Haha!

Glen, you are the man ! Photos and your description were very telling. I'm waiting for the guy to get back to me with a S/H quote and if it's not absurd, it's a go. I'll keep you posted on things. Sizes are just what I like too. 22x16 kick is really a bonus.

Cheers,
TW

My work is pretty close to that store, but seems like you are covered by some of our drummer friends here.

My work is pretty close to that store, but seems like you are covered by some of our drummer friends here.

Yes! I'm really appreciative of the response. I worked out a deal with the GC there after two of our friends here took time out of their busy days to check the kit out. While on one hand I'm a bit leary of buying something sight unseen, there's a certain excitement about it too. At my age a little excitement is good. I also endorse the "you can't take it with you" mantra on occasion. Still it looks to be a good deal. I checked with my local GC and they said the return policy is in force even on used items so I'm good there.

Bottom line is, there are a lot of great people on here and if I can ever help anyone with something they want checked out in this area (western PA, NE Ohio) just let me know. It would be my pleasure.

I bet those are going to be fine. It's been hit and miss with me and GC. It's also been tough getting back my shipping, unless I really make a case for it. I've had to keep the add with me for when it say "excellent Condition" and when it arrives with 5 pounds of sand stuck in every crevice, scratches everywhere after I was told it was mint, I can usually get back my shipping. On the big items, they really push back on shipping.

I was really hesitant when I got my Brooklyn set from them, but they did in fact arrive mint! It happens....congrats...which set are you selling off?

I bet those are going to be fine. It's been hit and miss with me and GC. It's also been tough getting back my shipping, unless I really make a case for it. I've had to keep the add with me for when it say "excellent Condition" and when it arrives with 5 pounds of sand stuck in every crevice, scratches everywhere after I was told it was mint, I can usually get back my shipping. On the big items, they really push back on shipping.

I was really hesitant when I got my Brooklyn set from them, but they did in fact arrive mint! It happens....congrats...which set are you selling off?

Well I've had two of our guys here look at them in person with MrTheOne giving me a 9.5 out of 10 rating on them and sending me 16 pictures so I'm optimistic. I'd rather eat $118 s/h than 2 grand on something that's misrepresented. I had a nice conversation with the Zach at the Bridgeton, MO Guitar Center. He was pretty knowledgeable and sent me pics as well. I told him I'd rather have the kit get packed properly than have them rush it out the door.

I haven't even gotten them yet and you want me sell one of my other kits? No way bruddah. Hasn't even entered my mind. It's still pretty cold here so I have to have something to entertain myself.

Back