Leprous COAL Medley

Pass.of.E.r.a.

Gold Member
I'm back with another humble contribution. I find most covers boring to watch (as I'm sure most people do these days) so I thought it'd be fun to add some flair to the mix and build a medley out of my favourite moments on a truly incredible album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMbC0WeVJ0k

Hope you enjoy, I'd love to get some feedback on it!

Also, thanks in advance to And for being the first one to respond and probably watch it. ;)

-Jonathan

Skipped around the video a bit and saw some very controlled playing! Nice. Is that your normal setup or just for this stuff?

Skipped around the video a bit and saw some very controlled playing! Nice. Is that your normal setup or just for this stuff?

Thank you!

Nah, it was just for this stuff. I set up my kit similarly to how Tobais (the drummer off the album) had his set up. The current trend of having your aux snare to your right in place of the first floor tom is not comfortable for me.

Normally i hate medleys and i also have to admit that Leprous, or the Scandinavian Metal genre in general, are not amongst my favorite musical things..

But this was some of the most convincing drumming that i have seen posted here recently..

My compliments..!
Thank you very much, it means a lot that you'd listen despite it not being your preference at all.

Always been a fan of your drumming Jonathan, & although this is absolutely not my kind of stuff, this is no exception :)

Thank you Andy, I always appreciate your kind words.

Awesome!!! what program do u use to record?

Thank you! I recorded this at a friend's studio actually, and I believe he uses Reaper.

-Jonathan

I just had to respond, first off with a big thumbs up for your playing, even though the style of music is not my immediate favorite (too much double bass :)).

Secondly because of the great quality recording. I like the trashy sound of those cymbals in combination with the unusual setup of your kit. Sounds great.

Thirdly... well, just because I saw a fellow Tama Warlord Masai kit player and not many of them were made... so, yeah, great stuff! Would love to see/hear you play the entire kit.

Back