Manic Drums...

Some of their ideas seem pretty cool. Others not so much. I dig their mounting system, but it is huge and aesthetically unpleasing. The lugs are crazy, like a tool box latch. The hoops, I don't even know where to start. Do we need different metals in a hoop?

I like that they have "wood wizards". That made me giggle, but was quickly curbed when I read the word "pine" a few sentences later. Pine is super soft, does it even have any properties of being a good drum material, other than being wood?

Some of their ideas seem pretty cool. Others not so much. I dig their mounting system, but it is huge and aesthetically unpleasing. The lugs are crazy, like a tool box latch. The hoops, I don't even know where to start. Do we need different metals in a hoop?

I like that they have "wood wizards". That made me giggle, but was quickly curbed when I read the word "pine" a few sentences later. Pine is super soft, does it even have any properties of being a good drum material, other than being wood?

Pine can be pretty hard if it grew in an area that caused it to grow slowly, like a very cold/dry area, like a mountaintop or something. Otherwise it’s just too soft to resonate well.

I think these guys made the new Mapex mounts.... :D

I think these guys made the new Mapex mounts.... :D

beat-me-to-it_o_1744691.webp

I can't see that snare hardware being good for the sound of the drum.

If anything breaks on those drums you might as well throw them away, cheaper than trying to repair it.

What in tarnation? Take some wood, make it round, and put enough stamped metal on it to survive D-Day and voila - an over-engineered and under-thought monstrosity at crazy boutique prices. Pass.

Back