My band’s latest Single/Live video

Juniper

Gold Member
Hello

This video got uploaded earlier. Latest video from our recent recording sessions back in November. Bit of a fun song that changes time signatures frequently and a lot. Mostly 3/4 and 4/4.

Same with the last one recorded to analogue/tape.

It’s about the perception of Ginger haired people (random I know!!) written from the perspective of our ginger haired frontman. All a bit of fun both in subject and playing-wise.

Switched around gear for this one, namely the ride and snare and pleased with how it came out. Joining us are a three peace brass band, which sound great. Brilliant job by them.

The separate single version recorded earlier that day and released last week is avalible on iTunes, Spotify, Tidal, Soundcloud....etc. The band’s name is The Amber Bugs.

https://www.facebook.com/TheAmberBugs/videos/1618476284905887/

Hope you enjoy!

Jon

Last edited:
Cool man. Sounds complicated.

Did you just do it or program clicks that change with you?

Cool man. Sounds complicated.

Did you just do it or program clicks that change with you?

Thanks for checking it out, really appreciate it.

No click as programming one would be a nightmare. We occasionally intentionally slightly speed/drag/slow some sections before changes so we thought it was best not to as those would have been lost maybe.

Think someone mentioned it once and we all just laughed : ) Thankfully we rehearsed lots before the day itself so I think we got away with not having one (I think!!)

Thanks for checking it out, really appreciate it.

No click as programming one would be a nightmare. We occasionally intentionally slightly speed/drag/slow some sections before changes so we thought it was best not to as those would have been lost maybe.

Think someone mentioned it once and we all just laughed : ) Thankfully we rehearsed lots before the day itself so I think we got away with not having one (I think!!)

Yea, I would also be much more inclined to just perform well than worry about programming clicks going between time sigs for sections. Sounded pretty good to me. I really liked the way you guys went from 4 to 3 very smoothly in one of the transitions. It was clever because the brass held down the tune for that transition while it might have sounded weird just drums/guitar wise.

Yea, I would also be much more inclined to just perform well than worry about programming clicks going between time sigs for sections. Sounded pretty good to me. I really liked the way you guys went from 4 to 3 very smoothly in one of the transitions. It was clever because the brass held down the tune for that transition while it might have sounded weird just drums/guitar wise.

The brass did very well, we only did one rehearsal with them and they were mostly following basic charts so they reacted to us in the moment very well.

Since added a trumpet player to the band in fact. Didn't sound the same in rehearsals in the weeks after the recording session with just guitar and drums!.

That's pretty cool to know, too. I figured they were part of your outfit.

Did you change anything you did because of the new element in the recording?

That's pretty cool to know, too. I figured they were part of your outfit.

Did you change anything you did because of the new element in the recording?

Oh yes, the earlier demos for this and the other song we recorded in this session have more complex/busy parts simply as it was only the theee of us so a lot more space to fill and the idea of adding brass came quite a bit later.

During the first (and only) rehearsal with them it quickly became apparent that the drum parts would need to sit way back and mostly only support.

The brass parts were still being written/charted until hours before that rehearsal and that was only a couple of weeks before the recording session so a little later than we would have hoped but it worked out ok I think.

Here’s the other song/video from the same weekend should this be of interest.

https://www.facebook.com/TheAmberBugs/videos/1559599767460206/

That was pretty darned cool. Definitely not your average rock song. I liked it. Nice job changing up those time sigs. Very cool.

A very interesting structure Jon, & well played by all too. Some of the changeups in places you wouldn't expect, & that certainly adds interest.

Thanks for checking it out Andy. Certainly is a fast changing song. Took a few band practices to obsorb all of it once we had each section down, for sure ; )

That's excellent, Jon! Original, tight, everyone sounds good, fun, clever and a crazy arrangement.

Thanks for checking this one out also Grea. Kind of you again.

Crazy arrangement for sure. Was a lot of fun after many rehearsals to get there, ha!.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Back