Forgot to bring my throne this morning.

MrPockets

Gold Member
I have to sit on this. My butt hurts.

25333836887_fe9dafb145_z.jpg

Last edited:
I keep my pork pie throne in the car at all times so this never happens anywhere. Can't stand bad thrones.

Been there, done that.

This is why I have an inventory checklist, and pack up at least 24 hours in advance.

Been there, done that.

This is why I have an inventory checklist, and pack up at least 24 hours in advance.

i only need to bring sticks and my (back up) throne. I went to put on a pull over upstairs and left it in the kitchen.

i only need to bring sticks and my (back up) throne. I went to put on a pull over upstairs and left it in the kitchen.

Could've been way worse. I remember back in the day having to sit on a log, and more than once a folding chair. At least you had a drum throne to use there.

As long as the height is comfortable that's ok ! The worst being the stool too high or too low.

Milk crate. Anyone? This is my version of "we used to walk 10 miles uphill to get to school and 10 miles uphill to get back home.

You'd be better off using a bucket.

Don't ask me how I know this.

You'd be better off using a bucket.

Don't ask me how I know this.

Hahahahaha! I feel your pain...literally.

I've had some bad thrones like that and the first thing I do is get some egg crate foam, pull that cover and add some layers. Staple gun the cover back on and you have a halfway decent back up throne.

Nothing makes my "block and tackle" numb like a bad throne on long sets.

^ This

Always find it's worse when you don't realize until after the set, you try to stand up and it's like someone has given you an epidural.

I would never want to suffer with "The Grapes of Wrath" and have a rock hard drum stool.

As long as the height is comfortable that's ok ! The worst being the stool too high or too low.

It was more about the feeling if I leaned too far one direction I would break it. There was no cushioning so it was like siting on metal plate. I'm still in pain today.

I've had some bad thrones like that and the first thing I do is get some egg crate foam, pull that cover and add some layers. Staple gun the cover back on and you have a halfway decent back up throne.

When I first got my drum set, I couldn't afford a drum throne for at least 6 months or so. I used a bucket for a long time.

There was this guy I used to know who played drums. He would have these amazing drum sets, but is "signature" or "brand" was his seat. He always sat REALLY LOW. I think he liked the look of sitting low to make his drums appear bigger or something, I'm not really sure. But anyways, when he played his huge Gretsch set, he literally sat on a really short bucket. Whenever he played his electric set, he literally sat on an old 12" x 12" tom with a pillow on top. I never got it.

Does anyone else think that calling a vinyl covered stool a throne is a bit pretentious?

Does anyone else think that calling a vinyl covered stool a throne is a bit pretentious?

If you look at a traditional court setup, the King gets to sit in his throne while the un-important rabble stand at waiting to be heard. I think this translates to band situations.

Also, I spent more on my drum throne than I did on my toilet, and I call that a throne too.

If you look at a traditional court setup, the King gets to sit in his throne while the un-important rabble stand at waiting to be heard. I think this translates to band situations.

Also, I spent more on my drum throne than I did on my toilet, and I call that a throne too.[/QUOTE

Ever thought of combining the two? Save some time and in my case, I'm mostly producing crap back there anyway.

Back