INDe Aluminum Snare Drum

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Ant thoughts on these before I buy one? Has anybody tried one of these yet?

Attachments

• inde.jpg
    inde.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 343
Ant thoughts on these before I buy one? Has anybody tried one of these yet?

Great drums.

The silver is actually a little too posh for my tastes. Somewhere between bond-villan and Ricardo Montalban. Do they offer colors?

Comment from my wife over my shoulder: "How's that going to fit on her finger?". I don't know what she's babblin about, but it sounds pretty negative.

Great drums.

The silver is actually a little too posh for my tastes. Somewhere between bond-villan and Ricardo Montalban. Do they offer colors?

Comment from my wife over my shoulder: "How's that going to fit on her finger?". I don't know what she's babblin about, but it sounds pretty negative.

I don’t think they offer any other model or color besides this one. If you want highly customizable aluminum snare you’d have to go Oriollo.

I bought a 6.5x14 Black Nickel-over-Brass snare from INDe and was very happy with the sound, looks and build-quality--not to mention the price. Josh is a super guy and a total pro.

Thanks for all your advice. I pulled the trigger on it this morning. It's a seamless shell beauty of a drum. I just had to have it. I got the deeper one because I already have an Acrolite and a 5" deep old Gretsch aluminum snare, but this I'm just buying on a gut feeling. I'll post a video when I get it.

Hockeylifer - I was thinking of getting that one, but I already have a Pork Pie BOB. I agree, Josh is a cool guy.

Last edited:
I own the seamless brushed Aluminum INDe snares in both 5" and 6.5" depth.
They are really great sounding drums. The 6.5" is especially nice. Huge tuning range and it can do both the crisp or fat thing easily.

I have a 6.5" Black Nickel over brass INDe snare too, a very good snare as well, but I prefer the sound of the seamless aluminum.

I own the seamless brushed Aluminum INDe snares in both 5" and 6.5" depth.
They are really great sounding drums. The 6.5" is especially nice. Huge tuning range and it can do both the crisp or fat thing easily.

I have a 6.5" Black Nickel over brass INDe snare too, a very good snare as well, but I prefer the sound of the seamless aluminum.

Cool. I think I made the right choice. You have given me confirmation. Thanks RickP. :)

I think with this snare drum, I'll have all the metal I need. Now to save up for a Guru snare drum! I'm thinking English Ash buddy!

Last edited:
They make a 15" snare in that size too. Never thought about going bigger in diameter over depth, but they make a good argument on their website:

"In my opinion, a 5.5x15 snare should be a staple in every drummer's arsenal. Huge sound, but surprisingly sensitive. They can go lower than any 14, but also tune up to higher pitches and really sing. I think a lot of people try to go with deeper 14's for a deep sound, but they really need to try a larger diameter. We have found the 5.5" depth to be the perfect balance between huge tone, and manageable responsiveness."

Back