WITB

sticksnstonesrus

Silver Member
What's in the Bag?

I play at a couple locations for church. Same name, different locations. Both locations have house kits. The 3/4 drummers that are in rotation all bring a personal snare, various cymbals, sticks/bag, and bass drum pedal (at least I do). It's basically all I can carry in one walk from parking lot to stage.

Even though I can only saddle up two crashes , a ride, and the hats...I keep the cymbal bag loaded with 16, 18, and 19" crashes, a 10" splash, and a set of 14" hats - for the variety based on music selection and kit dynamics.

Curious as to others that float and what you've got in the bag(s)?

Andy

... usually Cinderella 99, or Diesel.

Bags, Les, not baggies! lol

As for me, I just take a ride, hats, two crashes and a splash. Other than a china and a second ride, that's all I've got!

Cymbals always 19/20 crashes 22 ride and 15 hats. Splashes and chinas = more stands :)

Stick bag has three weights of sticks, the rock classic extra long (pellwood) 3a (pellwood) and VF gadd sticks, they all help to control the dynamics depending on the room I'm in. There's brushes in there as I occasionally have to do the odd stir fry.

It's the odds and sods in the bags that are the life savers. Spare felts, clutch, ribbon for snares, moongels, earplugs, drum keys, think there's a pair of ahead gloves in there that have never been used, bass drum felt, emergency sticks in the cymbal bag just in case I forget my sticks.

Cymbals always 19/20 crashes 22 ride and 15 hats. Splashes and chinas = more stands :)

Stick bag has three weights of sticks, the rock classic extra long (pellwood) 3a (pellwood) and VF gadd sticks, they all help to control the dynamics depending on the room I'm in. There's brushes in there as I occasionally have to do the odd stir fry.

It's the odds and sods in the bags that are the life savers. Spare felts, clutch, ribbon for snares, moongels, earplugs, drum keys, think there's a pair of ahead gloves in there that have never been used, bass drum felt, emergency sticks in the cymbal bag just in case I forget my sticks.

Both establishments I got to already have a decent ride available, so I don't pack one. I keep a couple stick varieties and a set of Hot rods. The ancillary stuff (felts, key, gels) I have in the stick bag too.

Back