What's your latest purchase?

Picked up the 6 x 14 Noble and Cooley Walnut SS 8 lug snare today that I ordered as soon as I heard they were going to make these. This is number 4 of 22 made. I am really pleased with how it came out.

Attachments

• IMG_0190.JPG
    IMG_0190.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 571
Picked up the 6 x 14 Noble and Cooley Walnut SS 8 lug snare today that I ordered as soon as I heard they were going to make these. This is number 4 of 22 made. I am really pleased with how it came out.
Hot damn, Rick, congrats. I can just hear it...she's a looker.

Oh my Lord, I want one of these so bad to put on my Renown Walnut kit. The finish will look like a matching Snare. Congrats Rick thats awesome

That line of snare drums by N&C is off the charts coolness! Congrats! I want one almost as bad as I want a Guru snare. Almost!

I just picked up a used Sabian 21" AA Dry Ride off of Ebay for $47 + $35 S&H. Probably saved myself $140. I'm surprised that nobody else bid on it. I've been needing one more ride to replace my "Pro" ride, but I've been reluctant to buy a new one. I'm buying it without hearing it first, but for that price, it's worth the gamble (in my mind).

Update: Just received my cymbal in the mail.Sounds great. I love it! Didn't even hear it first. Winning.........

Attachments

• YO Cymbal.jpg
    YO Cymbal.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
I just blew out all my savings

For starters, I bought a focusrite 18i20 interface (as per recommendations from many users on this forum).

Next, I bought a Shure DKM52-77 mic kit (I think that's what it's called). It included a Beta 52 and three SM57s + drum mounts for the 57s, and it also came bundled with 4 XLR cables.

I also decided I wanted some new heads - I bought a 13" remo coated emperor (that goes out to the person who was wondering why I had three different types of batter heads on my toms - now I only have two :p) and a 16" remo clear pinstripe (which I actually think I'm gonna save until the controlled sound head I got on my floor tom rn breaks - who knows, we'll see when I start recording my band's EP this month)

I also broke a tension rod and swivel nut on my snare drum (some of y'all have already heard about that) so I bought some of those too.
Unfortunately right when I spend a ton of money, my guitar amp starts to become a devil :/ I might not have enough to correctly identify and fix the issue, I already took it to a tech and they couldn't reproduce the issue -_- but meh this is a drum forum so I'll stop ranting about my guitar related issues :p

This is rather mundane but I started buying used drum bags because I have a smaller vehicle and it requires a little tighter packing. So the bags can protect the drums. So far I bought a bag for the snare, BD, and FT. $65 total so far and in really good shape. Still need two tom bags.

I traded a bunch of random guitar parts for a busted late '60s Kay Les Paul knockoff and a 16" Super Zyn crash.

The cymbal is probably late '50s, early '60s and has a tiny hole crack, but has that complex trashiness of an old Zildjian K

Down to the last two cymbals on gear list when I came across this Bosphorus Turk 24" Thin Ride.
At 2463g this is a stunning ride with gorgeous shimmer and wash. Yet an absolutely incredible crash for a 24" cymbal.
Seems to me Bosphorus really ought to be marketing their Turk Thin rides as crashes.

Attachments

• Bosphorus24%22ThinRideLoRes.jpg
    Bosphorus24%22ThinRideLoRes.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 383
The Pearl Midtown arrived on Friday.

15mins set up from box to assembled.

Needs a decent set of heads but for £350 I can't grumble.

Great fun to play and it will get the pack up and break down time down by a few minutes. It' s already at military precision.

5x14” 2nd gen Pearl, Maple shelled FFS. Rebuilt the basket and needed the original strainer put back on. Can’t believe i waited so long to get one.

8BDADAD6-D16E-4365-957F-2D6961FD2356.jpeg
3A8441F5-1CE3-448D-92C4-F52CF8FCC607.jpeg
04865253-D45E-4064-ADE9-A9DEE21D3598.jpeg

Power supply for my over head mics.

Attachments

• phantom power.jpg
    phantom power.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,008
New Tama B/B, 22", 10,12,16, Tama SLR G-Bubinga 14x6" with Evans Genera Dry head, Aquarian Studio X head on toms, (16" coming), K-14" hats, K-Dark 17" crash, 20"?? ride. Cobra 200 pedals.

Has me back on a kit which has been too long. Enjoy the pad, but the kit, AHH, smiles.

Just too quick pics this morning. The room I built with Auralex gear 18 years ago. Very dry and neighbors don't even know I am playing.

Attachments

• Kit 1.jpg
    Kit 1.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 1,000
  • Kit 2.jpg
    Kit 2.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 992
Power supply for my over head mics.

So these takes care of the need for phantom power which can be an issue with PA's that do not have phantom power that can be set per input? Cool! I did not know about these. Thanks for posting.

Today, I bought a Mapex Saturn drum set, new for $1300. It has a 12" tom, 16" floor tom, 22 " bass drum, and 14" snare. I am in drum heaven. Our band is playing at an event next Saturday, and I will have some pictures of it then. Peace and goodwill.

Back