Paiste Masters Crash/Ride

Cymbalise

Has anyone here used one? Any reviews?

I'm considering one to match up with a pair of 18" and 19" Signature full crashes to add some darkness and complexity in a crash that'll sit over the big floor toms.

My primary concern is will it be able to keep up volume-wise or is it primarily for quieter settings?

I'd go with a Dark Energy crash. Same alloy and same type of volume. Beautiful cymbals. I own a 17 and 19.

The Masters are pretty nice IMO, and very comparable to any other typical cymbal's volume (specifically Zildjian Ks and Meinl Byzance, which no one is going to complain about volume from). You should have no problem using one with those Full crashes, especially as I assume you're getting a 20" one.

I'd go with a Dark Energy crash. Same alloy and same type of volume. Beautiful cymbals. I own a 17 and 19.

I had the same pairing of DE crashes a few years ago. Very nice they were too but I was always terrified of hitting the 17 too hard as it is a very expensive yet very thin cymbal!

The Masters are pretty nice IMO, and very comparable to any other typical cymbal's volume (specifically Zildjian Ks and Meinl Byzance, which no one is going to complain about volume from). You should have no problem using one with those Full crashes, especially as I assume you're getting a 20" one.

Thanks. Have you had a bash with any of them in person? I've yet to see one in a shop around these parts.

I had the same pairing of DE crashes a few years ago. Very nice they were too but I was always terrified of hitting the 17 too hard as it is a very expensive yet very thin cymbal!

I beat the sheeite out of mine and it keeps coming back for more.

I got a chance to play one recently and it's gorgeous. It's loud, but responds equally well at low volumes. It's very responsive cymbal, only really works well as a ride at lower dynamics as it opens up easily. They mycymbal videos of it on youtube are very accurate.

Back