Perfect Balance Pedal-- I played it, thoughts

Well, after trying all sorts of settings on the Demon pedal I can't get it to feel as fluid as the Sonor pedal so the Demon has to go back to the store.

I really wanted the Pearl to be as nice as the hype. The eliminator is very tight at any workable springiness no matter how I try to set it up.

Also, the Pearl pedal footplate is slightly too wide and if centered, it touches a lug on the left.

Oh, well. I'll work with the Sonor until I can either find a different pedal or fix my old Phonic pedal which was very much like the Jojo pedal, but a little heavier.

Here's my fix for the spring tension adjuster. It's a nut from a Phonic cymbal stand. they're both 6mm and it gives extra grip to cinch it down tight.

Attachments

• IMG_6386.PNG
    IMG_6386.PNG
    156.6 KB · Views: 335
Still haven't bought this pedal, but there's no other that feels as good as my old Yamaha 700s. But some of the problems described in this thread really holds me off.

I agree. Based on this thread, I would never buy this pedal.

Well, after trying all sorts of settings on the Demon pedal I can't get it to feel as fluid as the Sonor pedal so the Demon has to go back to the store.

I really wanted the Pearl to be as nice as the hype. The eliminator is very tight at any workable springiness no matter how I try to set it up.

Also, the Pearl pedal footplate is slightly too wide and if centered, it touches a lug on the left.

Oh, well. I'll work with the Sonor until I can either find a different pedal or fix my old Phonic pedal which was very much like the Jojo pedal, but a little heavier.

Here's my fix for the spring tension adjuster. It's a nut from a Phonic cymbal stand. they're both 6mm and it gives extra grip to cinch it down tight.

Have you tried out the Trick Pro-1V Detonator? It's pricey, but you should try it out. Really great pedals, I have the longboard Bigfoots, and it's changed my playing for the better.

If I ever see a Trick pedal I'll try it out, but for now I'm thinking of buying up another Sonor Phonic pedal or two because that's the one with which I could play heel-toe runs all day.

I fear the Trick pedals because they're so expensive and I might want one.

Hey I have also recently tried out a Perfect Balance pedal

This is definitely a good pedal, but after playing it for almost a month I chose to return it while I could.

I have played an Iron Cobra for quite some time, and I thought that the PB pedal would be a great match for my Sakae Trilogy kit.

It looks great, feels super smooth and I absolutely loved it for playing solo. Unfortunately I just didn't feel the same with the pedal in a high volume setting, I found myself maxing out the spring setting which I did not like doing.

This pedal is no doubt a great pedal, but I do feel that this pedal is not for everyone, it is definitely not a jack of all trades pedal, and I do not have the technique and skill that Jojo has ;-(

I bit the bullet and traded up for a DW MFG Chain Drive and I cant see myself ever using something else now

Back