Random Thoughts II

I decided not to date a woman because she said warshing machine.

Is the applause from an audience midway through a drum solo an indication of "Thank you, we've heard enough"?

Last edited:
No politics on this forum, so I'll just say "What at an interesting day."

Maybe because California legalised marijuana? Maybe because the Indian Govt. gave a billion people 48 hours to get rid of all their 1000 Rupee notes? Maybe something else happened?

I've never seen Aussie school children so interested in the affairs of another country. Interesting day.

No politics on this forum, so I'll just say "What at an interesting day."

Maybe because California legalised marijuana? Maybe because the Indian Govt. gave a billion people 48 hours to get rid of all their 1000 Rupee notes? Maybe something else happened?

I've never seen Aussie school children so interested in the affairs of another country. Interesting day.

An interesting day indeed. And the Cubs won the World Series. What's up with that?

I've finally decided on which ride I want. I'm not going to say what it is out of fear that people will take the last of them. It is a Sabian. That's all I'm going to say.

Before I met her my wife moved 21 times in 9 years. Yikes.

My random thought...Why is it that anytime you see an ad for a watch the time is always set to 10:10? Sometimes you see 1:50.

I think it's because it looks like a check mark.

I think I posted this before.

• The hands are not overlapping, so they're fully and clearly visible and their styling can be admired.

• The arrangement of the hands is symmetrical, which people generally find more pleasant than asymmetry, making the product more appealing to customers.

• The manufacturer's logo, usually in the center of the face under the 12, is not only visible but nicely framed by the hands.

• Additional elements on the face (like date windows or secondary dials), usually placed near the 3, 6, or 9, won't be obscured.

According to the folks at Timex (who set their products at 10:09:36 exactly), the standard setting used to be 8:20, but this made the face look like it was frowning. To make the products look "happier,"￾ the setting was flipped into a smile (occasionally, you'll still see the 8:20 setting on some clocks or watches where the manufacturer's logo is at bottom of the face above the 6).

I knew a guy who actually moved houses.

You should hear my grandpa tell of the time his dad and some other guys moved a house a few miles down the road with a team of horses, a Model A Ford, logs laid parallel on the ground, and a system of ropes and pulleys.

Back