SO what annoys you? (The so is on purpose)

I'm annoyed that the new MBP released today doesn't have a 32GB option. Ridiculous....

WHAT

(checks the web)

I am SO annoyed right now!

:mad:

I am SO annoyed right now!

I'm actually at a loss as to what to do... Currently, in order to fire up 4 VMs, I have to short them on memory (3GB). I'd love to be able to fire up 6VMs so that I didn't have to juggle/economize every time the phone rings.

I imagine in pro photography, this will be a show stopper. Pre-press = show stopper. Video media creation = show stopper.

This is not good.

It annoys me that my wife's mother came over today and left the light on in every single room she went in!

I'm actually at a loss as to what to do... Currently, in order to fire up 4 VMs, I have to short them on memory (3GB). I'd love to be able to fire up 6VMs so that I didn't have to juggle/economize every time the phone rings.

I imagine in pro photography, this will be a show stopper. Pre-press = show stopper. Video media creation = show stopper.

This is not good.

I agree.

I couldn't care less about Thunderbolt 3 or a skinny form factor.

Maybe Apple thinks caching to the SSD is "as good as" using RAM.

I don't know of too many well paying jobs where you don't have to train for new things or at least make some effort to keep up or change directions.

Well duh.

You have missed the point, once you're in a well paying job, it had better be something that you enjoy or else you're trapped forever.

Or at least until you've paid off your mortgage

What annoys me is people that do not annunciate properly.

(ie)

1. Saying words that end with the letter "g" by using the letter "n"

Swim-een
Bikeen
Golfeen
Skate-een
Ski-een

People that substitute an incorrect letter in the middle of the word, or people that add an extra letter which does not pertain to the word:

1. Sektember - not September

2. Acrosst - not Across.

What annoys me is people that do not annunciate properly.

(ie)

1. Saying words that end with the letter "g" by using the letter "n"

Swim-een
Bikeen
Golfeen
Skate-een
Ski-een

Dropping the 'g' is our national dialect.

'Strayan's are forever going' somewhere, or seein' someone, or doin' somethin'

What probably annoys me is when people come into my room and decide to leave the door open when they leave

Dropping the 'g' is our national dialect.

'Strayan's are forever going' somewhere, or seein' someone, or doin' somethin'

I spent 1 1/2 years in OZ, hitched 40,000 miles, and lived in 3 states - Qld, NSW. and then Armadale in Melbourne.

I found many lazy speaking Australians, but not of the ilk that I listed above. It to me remains a North American specialty, not pronouncing your "INGS".

Words like See-in is much much different from See-een. The south of the USA don't pronounce any g's, it's all in's because of low affect, small vocabulary, and little education.

Saying EEN when you can say ING is just retarded.

I spent 1 1/2 years in OZ, hitched 40,000 miles, and lived in 3 states - Qld, NSW. and then Armadale in Melbourne.

I found many lazy speaking Australians, but not of the ilk that I listed above. It to me remains a North American specialty, not pronouncing your "INGS".

Words like See-in is much much different from See-een. The south of the USA don't pronounce any g's, it's all in's because of low affect, small vocabulary, and little education.

Saying EEN when you can say ING is just retarded.

I'm no Southerner, unless you include Southern California, but if you knew your USA History. then you would understand that it is the French influence that caused that. So, maybe a few people are less educated, but they talk like that on the golf course too.

Illiteracy causes people to not say the g's at the end of the words.

I'm from Canada. We have a ton of French influence and because Quebec has a very good education system, when they say an English word, they pronounce the "g".

Now other white-trash uneducated doofus's in Canada with low intellect and limited education occasionally get lazy and don't say them either, mostly Albertans, which is unsurprisingly called ….. "Little Texas" and rightly so.

When I meant the South, I meant the real South, AL, NC, SC, MS, LA, GA, AL, TN, KY, but not Florida, and not Texas.

I'm from Canada. We have a ton of French influence and because Quebec has a very good education system, when they say an English word, they pronounce the "g".

Now other white-trash uneducated doofus's in Canada with low intellect and limited education occasionally get lazy and don't say them either, mostly Albertans, which is unsurprisingly called ….. "Little Texas" and rightly so.

When I meant the South, I meant the real South, AL, NC, SC, MS, LA, GA, AL, TN, KY, but not Florida, and not Texas.

Interesting. Well Neil Young is from Canada too and he always sings "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World".

My wife and her daughter, bless their hearts, don't pronounce the middle consonant (usually a T) in a lot of words.

For instance, the word "eating"...is E-en. Lol. Drives me bananas lol.

See what I did there?

Hey, I'm si-en here E-en!

Nice to see an attempt to make friends with many of our forum members...

PS I live in Louisiana but was born and raised in Massachusetts. I know all about to dialect deviations!

Last edited:
It's annoyin' when people do some conflatin' that a Southern Accent means the person is uneducated or low intellect. Sort of paintin' the kettle black tain't it? I reckon.

There's really no point resisting the evolution of language.

We ALL do it. Do you say "clothes" or "close" to refer to your garments?

Do you say "groceries" or "groshries"?

Do you always say "to" and never say "tuh"?

Language moves on, and while we all have our pet peeves over other people's sloppiness, if language didn't change with the times the English language would not exist, since it's a mishmash of other languages.

So why pick the English your mom or teacher spoke and say that language must freeze forever at that level and point in time? It was already a bastardization of what was spoken 100 years before.

Flash Mobs. Ya they really annoy me.

Back