NDD ! (New Drum Day)

I am getting a new snare this week! It will be my last snare, my retirement drum, so it is going to be special. I am receiving a Ludwig LM400t, with tube lugs. But, it is not stopping here! When it arrives, the hardware comes off, and the shell is going to John Aldridge for an engraving job. I will post pics when it gets back, should be fabulous looking. I have seen his work on other chrome shells, like one he did for Dunnett. It absolutely pops!

https://www.google.com/search?q=alu...UICSgC&biw=1600&bih=794#imgrc=-faBpN5ZX2n4YM:

Re: Craviotto Center Stage

They're not overtly beautiful. Or flashy. Very subtle. Which works for me and my music.

I don't have recording ability that would demonstrate their true sound quality. Sorry.

Ok Bones, I thought all was cool and all, but I just got a hollar from the NDD thread authorities revoking all your posting rights.

I mean dammit bones, there was no need for such a forcefull move, get with the friggin' program ! ... is what they said. I was totally cool with everything so you know.

I say wowwy-maui on a copper platter, but you know you went overboard with that uncalled for craviolicious beauty.

I wouldnt necessarily say the situation calls for public apologies at this precise point in time, but a sweet audio demo would be appropriate.

Duuude...

They're not overtly beautiful. Or flashy. Very subtle. Which works for me and my music.

I don't have recording ability that would demonstrate their true sound quality. Sorry.

You're not going to send them back?

LOL - I think those are most likely quite a bit above your original stated budget.
Otherwise you might have gotten different suggestions.

Beautiful set though.

Yes, way above my budget. Ludwig Classic Maple was probably the closest to what I wanted, but those made in USA Club Dates I bought with bad bearing edges scared me away from their products. C&C PD kits are not all maple, so I had to look at higher priced C&C kits. INDe fit my needs, but I'm just not into being a first-adopter.

I thought heck if I'm gonna spend the money then I should just buy the best. Which I did, albeit their lowest priced kit.

You're not going to send them back?

LOL - I think those are most likely quite a bit above your original stated budget.
Otherwise you might have gotten different suggestions.

Beautiful set though.

Last edited:
I just made a deal for a new model Pearl Wood Fibreglass kit in Piano Black lacquer finish. 22 x 14 bass drum, 13 x 9 and 16 x 16. These have Kapur poplar shells with an inner lining of Fibreglass . These are really outstanding drums for little dough. The inner Fibreglass lining makes these drums very consistent from drum to drum sonically. The toms have 45 degree bearing edges and the bass drums have a full round over .

I am really impressed with the quality and sound of these drums thy will get their baptism under fire at a Classic Rock gig this week.

These are probably one of the best values made these days for someone looking for a quality kit on a budget

i was not being sarcastic at all, i have a c&c pd2 aged maple and a gretsch usa in natural mahogany finish.

That is why I am so enthused by this thread, all natural beauties.

My next kit will probably be a geo way wlanut 3 pcs in big sizes, in a natural walnut finish.

As for audio, , your iphone would do. Arts are not a competition. Feel free to do whatever floats your beautiful boat.

I Love the kit !

Oh I loved your response. It was very original and funny!!! :)

I looked and looked for a PD kit with 20" bass in a finish I liked, but could not find any. So went looking at other kits and found the Crav. Funny how C&C PD2 in natural finish with 20" bass isn't available in stock from Chicago or Memphis.

i was not being sarcastic at all, i have a c&c pd2 aged maple and a gretsch usa in natural mahogany finish.

That is why I am so enthused by this thread, all natural beauties.

My next kit will probably be a geo way wlanut 3 pcs in big sizes, in a natural walnut finish.

As for audio, , your iphone would do. Arts are not a competition. Feel free to do whatever floats your beautiful boat.

I Love the kit !

Oh I loved your response. It was very original and funny!!! :)

I looked and looked for a PD kit with 20" bass in a finish I liked, but could not find any. So went looking at other kits and found the Crav. Funny how C&C PD2 in natural finish with 20" bass isn't available in stock from Chicago or Memphis.

Excellent Bones, it means nothing got lost in translation.

Keep on groovin' my friend !

I got my new Ludwig LM400T today! It is fabulous sounding, crisp, articulate, sensitive out to the very edge, and rolls played on it are as smooth as butter. Best metal snare I have ever played. It sings at every dynamic. It also shipped with the new P85 Atlas throw off and butt plate. They work very smoothly, and seems tight enough to hold anything. This is my last snare, and it couldn't get any better!

A 'new' new one, or the old-new-recently-discontunued one (P85-AC)?

A good question! It appears to be the P85-AC, but it works fine. It is hard to say that it is "discontinued" if they are still shipping it on new drums. Has it been brought back because it has been reworked, and therefore the new "new" throw off? Darned if I know, but it feels very smooth and very quiet, and a much more solid feel than the original P85. I would say that it is a definite step up, in build quality, and the chrome is very substantial. It feels very similar to the Gladstone type used on Pearl Sensitones as far as smoothness and solid feel. Anyway, it's what shipped on it.

Back