RIP Nick Menza

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Megadeth's former drummer Nick Menza passed away last night of heart failure while playing a gig at the Baked Potato with his band Ohm. Condolences to his family and friends. Another one is gone. He was only 51.

Truly awful news to wake up to. He's always been my favorite Megadeth drummer, and he played on my three favorite albums from the band (Rust in Peach, Countdown to Extinction, and Youthanasia). I was very disappointed that he and the rest of the band couldn't come to terms for a reunion on their latest album Dystopia, but that disappointment seems quite trivial right now. Too many talents gone already and the year's barely half over...

Heard the news this morning. Dreadful :(

Sad.

I've never been much of a Megadeth fan, but of their stuff I did like it was the Menza era. Great drummer for that band.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/20...eth-drummer-dies-collapsing-stage-los-angeles
The former drummer with the US thrash metal band Megadeth, Nick Menza, has died after collapsing on stage at a gig in California.

Menza, who was 51, is said to have suffered a heart attack during one of his regular sessions with his band OHM at a small Los Angeles jazz club, the Baked Potato.

Menza’s management issued a statement confirming the news. “Nick collapsed during the third song into a set with his band OHM. Earliest reports indicate he suffered a massive heart attack and was pronounced dead upon arrival at hospital.”

He went out right on stage.

He went out right on stage.

I know it seems morbid, but I'd rather die doing something I love than to slowly fade away, lying on my back, suffering for weeks in a hospital.

RIP Menza.

One of two ways I'd like to go.
You can guess the other.

Back