PDF (Pearl Drummers Forum) Annoyance

Frosticles

Silver Member
Have tried to register on there for what now seems an eternity. I get the activation email then click the link. Always then says needs to be activated by admin. This NEVER happens. After a few days my account disappears & I have to start all over again. I have sent emails & messages galore to the admin but have never once received a reply.
Is it just me? Do I stink or something?

There have been many posts on this forum about the problems getting on that website or forum. I'm not sure what the attraction is, but if you are that interested, keep trying.

I do come on here every day at some point. Just find it so frustrating with them.
Anyone know as to why they are so crap?

Have tried to register on there for what now seems an eternity. I get the activation email then click the link. Always then says needs to be activated by admin. This NEVER happens. After a few days my account disappears & I have to start all over again. I have sent emails & messages galore to the admin but have never once received a reply.
Is it just me? Do I stink or something?

I've had exactly the same experience - I tried to register for a couple of weeks, got the activation mail immediately, click link - no response.

I wanted to post a 'what year are these from' question. But as the drums I was curious about are a Pearl Forum beater kit with a value of about £75 on a good day I came to my senses and realised I don't care.

I don't understand. I am guessing it is uncommon for anybody to go to a Jaguar dealer when their Mercedes doesn't work. Why bother with the Pearl site.

I don't understand. I am guessing it is uncommon for anybody to go to a Jaguar dealer when their Mercedes doesn't work. Why bother with the Pearl site.

One of the kits I own is a Pearl MLX from 1995

Hey now!

I don't recall having to be activated when I joined a couple of years ago.

It is so annoying. It's almost like no one is in charge there or they just ignore people at random as every now & again a new member pops up. Hmmmmmm

It is so annoying. It's almost like no one is in charge there or they just ignore people at random as every now & again a new member pops up. Hmmmmmm

I'm sure there are enough people here who probably know a bit about Pearl's MLX drums. Maybe you don't need to go there. It's still a secondary site to me, I still come here just because the brethren here seem a bit more close-knit anyway.

The Forum is just icing on the cake-the site is great with all the individual drummer's info and videos and solos, drum clinic and examples of about everything. I always tell young drummers to check out DW.

i got treated appallingly over there. They even made threads with my name targeting me to personally attack me. cant stand them over there.

That's not best. I would have a field day with that though.........

Well, Maybe my post here has worked or maybe they have read my messages!!! I'm in at last.

i got treated appallingly over there. They even made threads with my name targeting me to personally attack me. cant stand them over there.
You didn't dare criticise those elegant & classically slender tom arms did you? That would be like introducing the subject of badge size on a Mapex forum, or fence paint on a Gretsch forum ;) ;) ;)

Back