Help ID Tama snare

fess

I just picked up a used steel Tama Starphonic. But I can't tell if it is just steel, stainless steel or nickel plated. No info on drum except badge and serial #. Serial # search found nothing. It's 14 x 6
Thanks for any help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 122
That looks like the drum. I put a magnet on it and it would not stick. I think that means it's stainless steel. I believe the made that drum in steel, stainless and nickel plated steel.

That looks like the drum. I put a magnet on it and it would not stick. I think that means it's stainless steel. I believe the made that drum in steel, stainless and nickel plated steel.

The magnet didn't attract to the shell at all or just not strongly enough to stay attached? I should think the former case would rule out both stainless (chromium) steel and nickel-plated steel. The drum couldn't be chrome over brass, could it?

No attraction to the shell. The magnet will not stick to my stainless fridge door, but will stick to the side. So I'll assume that the drum is stainless steel unless someone else has an insight.

Back